(Archived) Questions about tagging in Evernote

cebarker

Idea

Hey everyone.

I'm curios as to how Evernote users use tags with their notes. I haven't added many tags to my notes and I'm curious if its possible to add tags to multiple notes without going through each note one by one.

Thanks in advance.

-Caleb

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Itry to tag as early as I can -- right in the web clipper, before I press the "Clip" button.

You didn't mention which client you are working on, but in the Windows client, there are at least two ways of tagging multiple notes. One way is to make a selection of notes in the note list, and then press Ctrl + Alt + T. This will bring up the Assign Tags dialog which lets you set the tags for all of the notes. A second way is to make a selection of notes in the note list, and drag a tag from the tag tree on the left side onto the selection. This will add the tag to all of the notes in the selection.

• Level 5*
One way is to make a selection of notes in the note list, and then press Ctrl + Alt + T. This will bring up the Assign Tags dialog which lets you set the tags for all of the notes..

I don't think this works on the Mac -- at least not for me.

This is the Mac forum, right?

• Level 5*
One way is to make a selection of notes in the note list, and then press Ctrl + Alt + T. This will bring up the Assign Tags dialog which lets you set the tags for all of the notes..

I don't think this works on the Mac -- at least not for me.

This is the Mac forum, right?

You are correct; for some reason I missed that on my little netbook. Sorry about that. Hopefully there's a Mac person who can shed some insight. There is no Assign Tags dialog on the Mac, I know -- it's something that should be there, as it's useful.

A second way is to make a selection of notes in the note list, and drag a tag from the tag tree on the left side onto the selection. This will add the tag to all of the notes in the selection.

This is the only way I've found to tag multiple notes on Mac.

Archived