(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.1 Beta 2

We've updated the Evernote for Android version (v. 3.1 Beta 2 revision 151235) with a few improvements and many bug fixes.

Some of the problems raised by the note editor have been addressed. Additionally, if a note has become corrupted we've added a menu item to access the note so you may be able to recover the essencial information.

We've also added a great new large format widget.

[attachment=0]widget.jpg[/attachment]

Download the beta at:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Please give it a try.

Hmm...That's strange...

It says "You can't link to this note because it belong to another user" or something like this (I'm not using English version).

So what's wrong with my database?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

I uninstalled the beta version and installed the 3.0.2, all works fine now.

What caused this?

Thank you for the bug fixes. Had not used EN all week due to the bugs and realized how much I really use this program and

service and missed it greatly, use it everyday. Even my secretary said the same thing.

Thanks for the great support and development.

Mark

Which notes does the new bigger widget display? Most recent? Would be sweet if I could pin certain notes to the widget.

Thank you for downloading new Beta and trying it out. You could use our feature "Create Shortcuts" to pin your needed notes.

New widget with note preview displays notes with the below priority

First Priority: Recently Viewed Notes on the device.

Second Priority: New/Updated notes.

Thanks,

The same bug is still present in this version as well. When I try to edit a note that has a note link, the link becomes plain text and stops being a link after I save the note. I get into edit more very often to move notes to different notebooks, and it's frustrating to lose my note links like that. Thus, I can't use this version yet to report more bugs. This bug is a huge beetle for me!

Keep working at it, though, you guys are on the right track! I really appreciate your efforts to keep improving Evernote across all of its clients.

-Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have found the root cause and fixed the note links issue.

In the new beta, we will preserve the existing links and look for new links in the user content.

Thanks for the feedback,

Hemant

We need also paint and handnotes for Android.

And a photo scanner to get crispy clear photos of documents like jotnot or scanr.

Great product.

Droid Scan allows you to take great scans of receipts or whiteboards and can send the "optimized" image to Evernote. Try it and see what you think.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I'm using the Beta as well in an effort to solve some editing issues I have with the non beta version. I just noticed that in the beta version (not sure about the non beta now) that I cannot seem to paste text in while in edit mode. There doens't seem to be a "long-press" option menu that usually is available everywhere in Android where text can be input or edited.

Bug report - I just sat through a long, important presentation (to me). I noticed the beta 2 update this morning, so figured I'd take the chance and leverage the new interface for all of my note taking... replacing pen and paper hard copy with note taking on my Xoom. After 3 hours and about 10 paragraphs, I thought I'd do a quick check of my email. I tapped the "multitask" button in the lower left of my Xoom and hopped over to my email app, leaving Evernote running in the background. After checking my mail, I used the same method to return to Evernote. Unfortunately for me, the whole note had disappeared. The note itself was listed but all 10 paragraphs in the body had disappeared. It seems like Evernote doesn't "suspend" well enough to retain typed content when multitasking. This was/is a small catastrophy for me as I didn't take notes elsewhere.... so beware, DO NOT multitask without saving any open note.

Can you add a feature that autosaves the note automatically? Or even disables multitasking with a required prompt to save the note? Until there is some degree of protection, in my opinion, Evernote isn't ready for the Enterprise. Today's loss presents too much risk.... no way I can take this chance again.

Btw, everything else works great, thanks for the update!

Sorry to hear that, skelzer.

The same thing happened to me today! I lost all of my input because I tried to multitask while editing a note. My loss wasn't as big as yours, but it was still very frustrating.

I hope they fix it soon. This is a HUGE bug!

Autosave would be great. I'm using colornote to input text that I know I'll be switching in and out of. Whenever you leave the app, it saves the note and returns back to edit mode when you multitask (so you get the best of both worlds). My tablet even forced power down when it was overheating outside and the large note I was writing was saved :)

After finishing with Colornote, I simply "share" the note with Evernote and send it away to the cloud.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I might just be missing something here, but how do I just view a note? So far the only way I can find is to open the note from the app, then close the app and select the note from the widget. When I say open the note, I mean open it without the links at the bottom of the note. I just want to be able to put the note on the whole screen from the application itself.

First off. Great work on the app!

I have actually migrated everything over from OneNote to Evernote and I never thought I would replace OneNote!

The Android app is working wonderfully on my Xoom I would like to suggest a feature though and that is to attach a hand written note or drawing.

I find that while doing work with customers I use a whiteboard app currently when a whiteboard is not available to sketch technical ideas and topologies, it would be great if there were a handwriting/sketch option in there. I can at the moment break out to the other app and then attach the file but having it all in one would be awesome!

Hey, I love the way it works with the calendar, but I have a few suggestions.

1: This is a simple one. Often times I just put the crucial information in the note but fill in the "Source" attribute for any link where I got that information. I'd think it'd be great if you could have a "Go to source" shortcut next to the Edit, Delete and Share buttons instead of being buried in the menu.

2: Just like the Gallery application on the XOOM (My tablet of choice), I think it'd be great if there could be a notebook/notebook stack view instead of the Calendar view. I do like the calendar view, but I think choice is good and stuff ;).

I'm glad to finally have Fragments, though :).

List preview on a open note is much better now :)

Some Suggestions:

1) Where's the option to choose the view mode in the search?

Many times I make a search and want to see it in "list view" mode, including the whole title and tags of the notes.

2) Please, include the option to strikeout words in editing mode.

Which notes does the new bigger widget display? Most recent? Would be sweet if I could pin certain notes to the widget.

Thank you for downloading new Beta and trying it out. You could use our feature "Create Shortcuts" to pin your needed notes.

New widget with note preview displays notes with the below priority

First Priority: Recently Viewed Notes on the device.

Second Priority: New/Updated notes.

Thanks,

Thanks for the response.

This beta is a big step forward. I can create links on android in evernote when i could not before so it is bye bye xmarks and I use my PC even less. :) all my bookmarks are in evernote.

Web clipper would be the next step as a few here have said.

The app looks great nice job. Have not used it for long so dunno how stable it is.

Dear EV team!

Thank you for further improving the EV for Android. The latest 3.1b2 looks really great!

The feature that I am missing in the latest beta though is an ability to view a note in full screen.

Any chance you can (re)add this feature?

Thanks,

Ales

• 3 weeks later...
I can't seem to paste into a note, from anywhere.

Am I missing something?

Hi Matt,

We have made pasting text into composer a bit easier.

Pls try the new beta 5 and let us know.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=27384

Thanks,

Hemant

Bug report - I just sat through a long, important presentation (to me). I noticed the beta 2 update this morning, so figured I'd take the chance and leverage the new interface for all of my note taking... replacing pen and paper hard copy with note taking on my Xoom. After 3 hours and about 10 paragraphs, I thought I'd do a quick check of my email. I tapped the "multitask" button in the lower left of my Xoom and hopped over to my email app, leaving Evernote running in the background. After checking my mail, I used the same method to return to Evernote. Unfortunately for me, the whole note had disappeared. The note itself was listed but all 10 paragraphs in the body had disappeared. It seems like Evernote doesn't "suspend" well enough to retain typed content when multitasking. This was/is a small catastrophy for me as I didn't take notes elsewhere.... so beware, DO NOT multitask without saving any open note.

Can you add a feature that autosaves the note automatically? Or even disables multitasking with a required prompt to save the note? Until there is some degree of protection, in my opinion, Evernote isn't ready for the Enterprise. Today's loss presents too much risk.... no way I can take this chance again.

Btw, everything else works great, thanks for the update!

Hi,

We apologize for the note loss.

We have fixed this bug and also considering "auto-save" for our next feature set.

Now, you should not loose your notes while multi-tasking for a long time.

Pls try our beta 5 and let us know your feedback.

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=27384

Thanks,

Hemant

Archived