(Archived) Trouble "Printing" PDF

tshirsbrunner

What I'd love to do is save a note as a PDF file. Doesn't seem like much to ask, really.

I have Adobe Acrobat X on my HP laptop, and I have no problem "printing" to PDF files with other programs - just Evernote.

So can someone please tell me why it doesn't work with Evernote when I try to "print" to a PDF file? The dialog box to "save" the "printed" document (asking for filename) doesn't show up. And in my printer dialog box it shows an error in printing.

Now please - if all you are going to do is blame Windows or Adobe, please don't respond. No other program I have on my computer has this problem, so you will not convince me that it's NOT an Evernote problem.

Thanks for any help,

Tom

Now please - if all you are going to do is blame Windows or Adobe, please don't respond. No other program I have on my computer has this problem, so you will not convince me that it's NOT an Evernote problem.

Sorry, but many of us have no problem using any other PDF printers. So I don't know who's fault it is. Personally, I hate Adobe PDF programs & am very happy with CutePDF writer.

Just what I expected.

Blaming 1, Actual Help 0

Anyone who is not a devotee who has had experience with Evernote and Adobe Acrobat X, please feel free to jump in at any time.

Or maybe someone from the Evernote team? Is there customer service?

Just what I expected.

Blaming 1, Actual Help 0

Anyone who is not a devotee who has had experience with Evernote and Adobe Acrobat X, please feel free to jump in at any time.

Or maybe someone from the Evernote team? Is there customer service?

Like I said, I don't know why you can't get Adobe to work...but I stated facts, which are many of us have great success with other apps. Maybe you should be less of an Adobe devotee and try something that just might work, if you're struggling.

Regarding support - see my sig.

• 1 month later...

I only rarely use Evernote, and I wanted today to save a note to PDF by printing it using Acrobat X. Now I see that is not possible, and that this has nothing to do with me or my PC.

I am afraid I will be using Evernote even lesss from now on unless and until Evernote fix this (I have never ever used any other application where Acrobat does not work when I print to it, and I have used dozens of different applications in this way).

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for reporting this issue. There appears to be a problem with Adobe PDF printer, which fails to print when the document being printed to it has no title.

We've applied a fix to Evernote to always give the printed document a title. The fix should appear in the next release.

Thanks,

Max

• 1 year later...

This problem has now been fixed... Although not without yet another little bug.

When you choose to print with Adobe Acrobat, and Evernote pops up it's 'Save' window, you will Note... that it has already assigned the file name as 'Evernote.PDF'.

Well, here's the 'Bug'.

If you wish to change the file name at this point... DO NOT COPY the new filename, over the existing '.PDF' extension... because if you do... the entire field will still go BLANK, and it will lock up the program.

So DON'T mess with the 'pre-existing' extension... Rather, place the cursor at the far left of the file name... then carefully keep hitting the 'Delete key', up to the 'period (dot)... And THEN name it.

At least it's a minor 'Bug'... although with Evernote's popularity... there shouldnt be ANY bugs and glitches after all this time...

INCLUDING THE LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF NOW 'ANCIENT' COMPLAINTS ON GOOGLE, REGARDING THE STILL NOT HAVING A 'SINGLE SPACE' FEATURE...

Archived