(Archived) Editing in v3.1 beta 1... awkward and painful

EP2008

Maybe it's the new "rich text" feature, but when i edit a note - any note - i can only edit one line at a tinetime in a new editing window on thwthe bottom half of the screen.

How do i get back to the old style editing, where i can edit all the text data at once?

Also, all my text has lost its double-spacing so all lines are now compressed... not very good at all.

Also.... im getting 304 errors when trying to sync. I think only one note in this version synchronized properly, the other dozen have failed.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you send us the screenshot of the note?

The logic is - if the note is complex rich text then editing is line by line otherwise we let user edit the complete text.

Complex rich text is - web clips, notes with inline pictures/attachments...etc.

Thanks,

Hemant

Agreed,

I am not sure why the notes that were not RTF before the update, now they are.

The only thing I have is test dates that look like this 05.31.11 it has it underlined and looks like a link.

This is new with this update.

Also, does not seem to be syncing the notes. edited in DroidX and not updating on the desktop after syncing.

Mark

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.

Can you send us the screenshot of the note?

The logic is - if the note is complex rich text then editing is line by line otherwise we let user edit the complete text.

Complex rich text is - web clips, notes with inline pictures/attachments...etc.

Thanks,

Hemant

The device I'm currently using isn't rooted and won't allow me to take screenshots.

I can reproduce this problem by creating a new note.

In that note i set the title as "Test", then i create three lines of text in the note with the word "Test" on each line. I save the note and then edit it an i get these grey bars above and below the three lines of text and i can only edit each word individually . This is as plain and uncomplicated as it gets, but i can't edit the notes properly .

I'm more concerned with the 304 error at this point because my data isn't being backed up to the Evernote servers.

was there any color, format, inline attachment in the note?

Plain text should be easily editable without the rich text format.

we will investigate this.

No formatting at all. Just a new note and text.

I also just found out that I cant paste text into a new note that was saved with no text in the note (blank note). I simply don't get the paste menu to show up.

I'm having the exact same problems. Notes that originate within Evernote get the error: the Web page could not be loaded as: The requested file was not found. File:null

This was not a web page that was clipped -- it's a to do list that I keep native to Evernote.

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Here's a screenshot what I'm experiencing when editing notes that should be plain text. This seems to occur whether or not the note was created on my device or on the web or on the desktop version.

http://imgur.com/PnSlA

You'll notice the gray bars at the top and bottom with 3 dots.

This appears to be rich text mode.

Here's a screenshot what I'm experiencing when editing notes that should be plain text. This seems to occur whether or not the note was created on my device or on the web or on the desktop version.

http://imgur.com/PnSlA

You'll notice the gray bars at the top and bottom with 3 dots.

This appears to be rich text mode.

That's exactly the problem I'm having . thanks for posting the screenshot.

Hi Guys,

We have fixed bunch of stuff in rich text and released in beta 2.

Pls try it and let us know your feedback.

Thanks,

Hemant

The new beta is awesome :) Thanks for that update.

I'm still having 304 errors with syncing, but all notes and updates are syncing just fine, so I'm not sure if that error is insignificant or not.

Archived