(Archived) POST HERE if yo want the WORK OFFLINE checkbox back

The most recent Upgrade to Evernote ( at least in Windows) 3.0.0.625 removes the WORK OFFLINE check box off the main ACCOUNT menu. The reason cited was that it was redundant to the "existing checkbox '[x] Sync automatically every [N minutes]'." on the ACCOUNTS -> PROPERTIES -> SYNCHRONIZATION tab (as discussed here : viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6628#p24777 ).

I personally would like the check box RETURNED as it is a lot easier to check from the ACCOUNT menu then digging into the properties of every notebook,

Please post POLITE requests to this thread encouraging Evernote to restore the checkbox.

BTW: Both instances of my Evernote applications started up synchronization automatically after this upgrade even though I previously had synchronization turned OFF and the WORK OFF LINE box was checked. You might want to check on yours after the upgrade. If you want EVERYTHING off line the ultimate solution is to ONLY use local notebooks.

I personally would like the check box RETURNED as it is a lot easier to check from the ACCOUNT menu then digging into the properties of every notebook,

The Synchronization properties setting is global ... there is a single option for the entire account, so you don't need to do this on a per-notebook basis. If you don't want periodic synchronization, then go into: Account >> Properties, and disable "Synchronize Automatically" in the "Synchronization" tab.

BTW: Both instances of my Evernote applications started up synchronization automatically after this upgrade even though I previously had synchronization turned OFF and the WORK OFF LINE box was checked. You might want to check on yours after the upgrade. If you want EVERYTHING off line the ultimate solution is to ONLY use local notebooks.

There was a bug in the latest version of Windows: if you had previously selected "Work Offline", but you still had scheduled synchronization set in your Account Properties, then it honored the schedule. Now that there is a single place to disable periodic synchronizations (instead of two), this confusion should not happen again.

Users who did not have "Work Offline" selected when they upgraded were not affected by this bug.

However,

I would strongly support the return of the checkbox as a good GUI interface must remain as clear as possible for the average user.

Average users aren't "techies" and probably will never go (in any aplication) into "Setting options", they simply don't!!! (Experience speaking here).

If you can give a simple, visible checkbox, self explaining (Work Offline), it is, by all means, the best way to go.

Best regards

Tom

Archived