(Archived) Random suggestions

I've been using Evernote for about 6 weeks and have been generally very happy with it. Here are a few suggestions:

* Windows version should put items into the default folder when using the "Send to" feature

* Previews & thumbnails for Word and Excel, etc. documents

* Bigger thumbnails when viewing a folder --- make it more like flipping through a stack of papers (like Google news flip)

* List of recent notes viewed (to quickly go back to the most recent note; I often want to update a note and then switch back to the note I was reading just prior)

* Be nice to have the Bing feature where you can get an alert from Evernote to check a note when you are near a specific location (i.e. Walgreens) or a general location (like any Walgreens)

* Create a stack within a stack (nested folders)

* Have stacks on iPad / iPhone app

* Search should search names of notebooks in addition to contents of notes

• Level 5*
I've been using Evernote for about 6 weeks and have been generally very happy with it. Here are a few suggestions:

Most, if not all, of these items have been discusses/requested/lamented/etc. elsewhere in the forums, some of them extensively. Search the forums for more detail.

* Windows version should put items into the default folder when using the "Send to" feature

Not sure where Windows "Send to" is.

* Previews & thumbnails for Word and Excel, etc. documents

I think they're tending to shy away from special handling of these file formats. PDFs, images, sure. But MS-specific file types, maybe not so much, due to cross-platform considerations.

* List of recent notes viewed (to quickly go back to the most recent note; I often want to update a note and then switch back to the note I was reading just prior)

The new note link facilities will probably make at least back/forward operations happen, per a recent post by Phil Constantinou.

* Create a stack within a stack (nested folders)

Very commonly requested/discussed. Not sure when it will happen,

* Have stacks on iPad / iPhone app

A frequent request. It will almost certainly happen.

Not sure why this would be useful. Example?

I think they're tending to shy away from special handling of these file formats. PDFs, images, sure. But MS-specific file types, maybe not so much, due to cross-platform considerations.

Also because of:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11949#p47871

Not sure why this would be useful. Example?

Also seems like this would defeat one of the purposes of having notebooks? IE, when you're in a single notebook (or a stack) & searching on a word, it would be the same (but including all the notebook names) as searching all notebooks on that word? If you're searching in notebook "house" for the word "work" and you have another notebook named "work", I guess all the notes in your work notebook will show up when you're just trying to find a note with the word "work" in your "house" notebook???

Thanks for all the feedback --- very useful!

On my suggestion of having the search function find notebooks when searching for a word --- to clarify if I'm searching for the word "work" and I've got a notebook with the word "work" in the name I'd like to see the notebook listed in the search results.

Maybe it's just me :) but I sometimes remember a word from the name of the notebook but that word doesn't actually appear in any of the notes within the notebook. Including the names of notebooks in the search results would help.

Archived