(Archived) Would Anyone Else Like to See Sortable Tables?

I find spreadsheets to be an invaluable part of personal organization and consider it an advanced form of note taking. Just to use a simple example I maintain a list of household supplies that need to be stocked on a spreadsheet. As I add or delete items I can resort the spreadsheet by category or preferred manufacturer etc. I just don't find tables useful without the ability to sort. I'd really like to be able to enter this type of info straight into EN as a note as opposed to having to attach a spreadsheet.

• Level 5

My sortable databases are important. Many of them are large. So I use programs that are designed from the ground up with the fundamental purpose of sorting. I would not rely on a patched-in / add-on code to Evernote.

@jbenson2 I agree on "bulk" data. But a souped-up table editor with clickable column headers that did sorting would be nice.

Martin

I would find sorting of tables by clicking on column headers a very useful feature.

• [*:2fxjahiq]We're talking about relatively small tables here -- typically a list of some type.
    For me, this means tables with less than 20 rows most of the time.
    So it's not like sorting a huge DB with thousands/millions of records.
    [*:2fxjahiq]Sorting tables is a very common feature in OS, Desktop Apps, and Web Apps.
    Many of these do so by clicking on the column header.

While I would really like this feature, I think it is more important to many users on the Mac to have at least basic editing of the table structure (like add/delete rows/columns).

My sortable databases are important. Many of them are large. So I use programs that are designed from the ground up with the fundamental purpose of sorting. I would not rely on a patched-in / add-on code to Evernote.

I work in 3D CAD, that doesn't mean it wouldn't also be nice if in EN I could draw a simple mind map with a few arrows :P.

Thank you for asking, yes I would like to see sortable tables.

I'd also like some more TLC for the table: at least the Mac client has extremely poor usability on tables.

Features I'd like to see on the table in the order of preference:

• [*:1js9sejz] Adding and removing rows
    [*:1js9sejz] Adding and removing columns
    [*:1js9sejz] Simple calculations
    [*:1js9sejz] Autosize columns

At the end of the day, I want more like Google Docs spreadsheets in Evernote than a plain HTML table.

Archived