(Archived) What is the Default Sort Order for Characters on Android?

mjs9199

Does anyone know of the sort order for characters in Evernote on Android? I found this blog post that detailed the differences for PC, Mag and iOS back in 2010, but I just realized that Android has a different order as well...

http://www.sensefulsolutions.com/2010/07/evernote-tag-sort-order.html

On my PC, my tags prefixed with a period . sort before tags prefixed with an underscore _ or colon :

But when I sync EN on Android, the tags with an _ or : prefix are above the tags with a . prefix

Before I go through several tests, anyone else have an idea?

thanks

So I had a chance to test this out... here is what I found (not a complete list of all characters possible)

` (character above tab key)

^ carat

_ underscore

- minus

! exclamation

. period

' single quote

# pound

~ tilde

• 3 months later...

Here is the sort order of all special characters that are available on the English keyboard (above ASCII code 32 and below 127) in ascending mode with a brief explanation of those keys that may be ambiguous in parenthesis:

!

"

#

$

%

& (shift 7)

'

(

)

+

- (minus)

/

0 ... 9

:

;

<

=

>

?

@

[

\

]

^

_ (underscore)

` (non shifted tilde key)

a A ... z Z

{

|

}

~ (tilde)

Here is the sort order of all special characters that are available on the English keyboard (above ASCII code 32 and below 127) in ascending mode with a brief explanation of those keys that may be ambiguous in parenthesis:

Are you sure this is based on how Evernote sorts on Android? This is not how the characters are sorted on my Android phone. Here is the full list in order from my phone:

` accent AKA non-shift tilde
^
_ underscore
- dash
; semi-colon
: colon
!
?
. period
' single quote
" double quotes
( open parenthesis