(Archived) Evernote hijacking paste hotkey

jimjstone

Hi,

I just installed Evernote 4.3.1.4479 on x86 Windows 7 an hour ago. Then I went to cut and paste some text between 2 non-Evernote windows using Ctrl - V. Evernote created a new note with the text I was trying to paste. I checked the hotkeys in evernote and 'paste clipboard' is mapped to Ctrl - Alt - V

Has anyone else seen this behaviour? As much as I love Evernote I'm not sure I can retrain my fingers from Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V :-) Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

Hi,

I just installed Evernote 4.3.1.4479 on x86 Windows 7 an hour ago. Then I went to cut and paste some text between 2 non-Evernote windows using Ctrl - V. Evernote created a new note with the text I was trying to paste. I checked the hotkeys in evernote and 'paste clipboard' is mapped to Ctrl - Alt - V

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

I've never encountered this & I CTRL-V quite regularly. However, as lawvol pointed it, try mapping it to something else.

Thank for the quick replies!

I checked the tray icon "configure hot key" and the "paste clipboard' verb is mapped to Ctrl-Alt-V -- just like in the main app. However, I clicked 'restore defaults' and the problem went away. Hmmm.... Most likely a PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair :-) problem, but it sure was strange.

Thanks again.

PS Kudos to the authors of the program, if they are reading this... I've been using about a week to sync install notes between many physical and virtual machines and my droid -- and loving it.

• 2 years later...

I just started having the same problem a couple days ago.  I tried to reset to defaults but it didn't work.  I disabled the paste hotkey and it works like it should.  I shut down Evernote and restarted it, then re-enabled the hot key and it's still hijacks the paste function.  Any suggestions? My next might be to uninstall and reinstall Evernote.

Archived