(Archived) New to Evernote. The whole thing seems extremely buggy.

I've seen Evernote around for a few years now and so decided to give a try over the weekend. For the past couple days, I've been setting up a GTD workflow in the service and been getting really excited about the possibilities of the service . . . if it actually worked.

So far, I just seen way too many errors in the service to have any confidence in it. Tags are not syncing correctly from mobile (e.g., iPhone and iPad) to the web and mac apps. Saved searches are not able to be seen on the mac or web apps. And most terrifying, I've seen notes vanish or automatically delete before my eyes on the iPad app. In my limited experience, this whole product seems to be riddled with severe errors. I don't see how anyone could consider the service to be reliable enough to use in their daily workflow.

I hope I am wrong because Evernote does seem to have a lot of promise. Anyone have any insights? I sincerely hope I am doing something wrong and can be corrected rather than waiting for a very flawed service to be brought up to minimal user standards. If the case turns out to be the latter, I suppose I'll have to give springpad a closer look.

I'm also a new users, using it on a mobile phone, iPad and two different PC's. I've have not encountered any of the issues you describe. The only major bug I've noticed is that if I attempt to share a notebook before I've synced I get an error message. I need to sync it up to the online server and then I don't get the error. I suspect some perusing of the forums should give you a good idea of how many people are experiencing buggy behavior, I'm sure some others will respond as well.

Thanks for the reply. Just to quantify this, I went into the Trash section of the mac app and saw 6 notes from today that had been apparently deleted but not by me. That is virtually half of the notes I entered today. Anyone have a clue why so many notes are automatically deleting? I hope to get a solution to this.

Well, I believe I have figured out what was causing the deletions. I have a saved search for untagged notes that I would use to find and tag those notes that I entered earlier in the day.

Going into this saved search on the iPad and tagging notes consistently causes other notes in that saved search to be sent to the trash. It must be a bug, so I will be submitting a bug report.

Another thing you may want to check (it's listed under the "View" tab for Macs) is that you don't have unassigned tags to be hidden. If that is enabled, basically it will only show relevant tags. This could be a result of the tag you're looking for not being used on any of the notes in the notebook you're looking at. So just to make sure, make sure you're under the "All Notebooks" and then see if the tag is there. Evernote is usually pretty fast, but also make sure all of your devices have had an opportunity to sync. Hope that helps!

Archived