(Archived) Maintaining created date of imported file?

douglerner

Idea

If I drag files into a notebook, the original created date shows the current date, instead of the original created date of the file I'm importing.

Is there a way of maintaining the created date of the files I'm importing?

Thanks,

doug

5 replies to this idea

This is unfortunate. I'm diving in now and importing over a thousand notes in all sorts of categories. But I'm losing all the interesting historical information about when the date was initially created.

A lot of it is not vital, but interesting. For example, this note from 2000 from a stay at a hotel in London:

Here's the number in the UK: 845 088-5336

10 cents/minute (ouch), and that doesn't even count the probable long

distance phone fees from the hotel.

Required; Change SMTP mail settings from "mail.earthlink.net" to

"ismtp.earthlink.net" to send mail. This POP can only be reached

while dialing within the U.K.

It's sort of interesting to know when that was written. And it's not really practical to hand-change the dates on over 1,000 imported notes. Does anybody know another way of dealing with this?

Thanks,

doug

• Level 5

It's sort of interesting to know when that was written. And it's not really practical to hand-change the dates on over 1,000 imported notes. Does anybody know another way of dealing with this?

I can sympathize with you. I don't have any good news for you. I went through the same sort of data loss when I moved from Lotus Agenda to FrontRange Goldmine, and again when I moved to Evernote.

Changing the date on hundreds of notes can be tedious with Evernote's date / time editing system.

What I did was put the stuff that needed to be "re-dated" into a specific notebook only for that purpose. I tried to knock off 25+ notes a night. It took a while. When I changed the date, at the same time, I also changed the notebook. This caused the note to disappear from the re-dating notebook and move to the correct notebook.

Archived