(Archived) How I Integrated EN with Outlook (Screenshot Attached)

I live in Outlook and wanted to be able to work in EN from within Outlook. Outlook has a great but rarely used feature called Shortcuts that allows users to create a navigation bar for shortcuts. You may need to use "add or remove buttons" (lower left) to enable it. Create a shortcut group named Evernote. Now create a shortcut on the desktop to your EN web client. Then drag that shortcut to your EN shortcut group.

Finally, if you don't want to receive a security warning from Outlook every single time you click on EN in the shortcut group, you will want to perform this registry change:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.

2. In the Open dialog box, type regedit, and then click OK.

3. In Registry Editor, locate one of the following registry subkeys:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Common

4. Clicked the registry subkey, point to New on the Edit menu, and then click Key.

5. Typed Security, and then press ENTER to name the key.

6. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.

7. Typed DisableHyperlinkWarning, and then press ENTER to name the entry.

8. In the right pane, right-click DisableHyperlinkWarning, and then clicked Modify.

9. In the Edit DWORD Value dialog box, click Decimal, and then type 1 under Value

data. A value of 1 disables the hyperlink warning message.

Screenshot is attached, hopefully someone will find this useful.

To clarify, there is no special "programmatic" access being shown here that is not otherwise available, I just find it very useful to be able to fully access the EN web client right from within Outlook.

p.s. It would be nice if when someone tries to upload an image the forum did not wipe the entire message out as it gives the warning "Request Entity Too Large", which is also a pretty silly warning. Am I supposed to keep guessing at what the allowable size is?

post-36612-131906072492_thumb.jpg

Archived