(Archived) Images added to notes are so big

lwoo

Idea

12 replies to this idea

Gordon,

Isn't there a setting on your iPhone for image size? If you know you're going to be uploading to Evernote, couldn't you pick a smaller size before taking the pic? I know on my Android phone, I can pick different sizes (640,1MB,3MB,etc)

Mark

Gordon,

Isn't there a setting on your iPhone for image size? If you know you're going to be uploading to Evernote, couldn't you pick a smaller size before taking the pic? I know on my Android phone, I can pick different sizes (640,1MB,3MB,etc)

Mark

You could also email the photo to your EN account from your phone. I'd suggest this only because a lot of phones (including iOS) prompt before you email an image from your library with a size request, allowing you to keep your original image size intact.

I agree ..... evernote should just have the same dialog as the 'mail' app on the iphone when adding a note. Choose your resolution.

The images added are *very* unwieldy. They make a note pretty much unreadable. This may not be a huge deal for alot of products, but for one which touts its ease of use for capturing thoughts and media, it is not good.

It is a shame that the iphone does not have that android feature. But, one would think that evernote would develop an alternate solution for the #1 handset out there (handset, not os android folks).

I won't open in other editors, mail images to myself, etc.. At this point, I'll just take images to my camera roll, open in photostream, and use something on my desktop to create notes.

Stupid me ..... just realized why such a seemingly great software would lack this apparently obvious functionality. Evernote gets paid by storage volume. So, even if we don't like these large photos, they love them because it gets us closer to premium status.

On the one hand .... I kind of get it. They need to make money.

On the other hand ..... this is kind of sleezy. It would be like Picasa web albums making you upload full resolution images. Or iTunes match making you upload songs in WAV quality. And then in both cases .... sticking you with something so large [ or high quality according to them ;) ] that they are unusable.

Nobody would feel good about that .... they would look for alternatives as soon as they hit their cap. That's what I'll do. Switching cost for a pain for poor functionality is too high right now. But switching cost for a subscription when I don't want to store most of the megabytes on their servers will be another story.

checked out some other apps that help. Tap2Ever gives you this functionality on the iphone while staying in an evernote based workflow. There is a free (sponsored) version.

Not a perfect workflow, but pretty good.

Archived