(Archived) A real plug-in for Chrome please

I would like to see a 'proper' plug-in for Chrome. The same as Safari. The current Chrome feature feels like a work-around as it take you to the Evernote website and insists that you log-in . Not a pleasant experience. Safari is beginning to become second-rate and Chrome seems to way to go but the lack of Evernote plug-in is a draw-back.

the plug in doesnt take me to the EN site either, but it does feel really clumsy. it is far too slow, and you cant multi task.

my workaround...(works on mac, windows?)...

a. i put my Dock on the left side of my screen.

b. i put the EN Dock Icon at the top of the dock, right under Finder, this will make sense...

1. find the little globe icone in the address bar in crome, or other browser.

2. drag the icon to EN icon in the Dock, and drop it like its hot.

3. in the newest version of EN, it will clip the entire page, as well as the URL. very handy.

this works much faster, you can open all the pages you want to clip, then simply drag and drop and close each tab as you go. this obviously will not allow you to immediately tag and assign notebook, but i find this is preferable, because after i drag and drop, i just command-tab over to EN, and now you can BATCH EDIT! woot.

hope that helps

I use the plug in for Chrome. It never takes me to the website to log in.

You are correct in that today the Chrome icon does not take me to the website but it does open a slow pop-up in the browser. The log-in and the note adding is handled via the website and not via my Evernote app as it is in Safari. The two don't work the same way and I prefer the Safari technique.

the plug in doesnt take me to the EN site either, but it does feel really clumsy. it is far too slow, and you cant multi task.

my workaround...(works on mac, windows?)...

a. i put my Dock on the left side of my screen.

b. i put the EN Dock Icon at the top of the dock, right under Finder, this will make sense...

1. find the little globe icone in the address bar in crome, or other browser.

2. drag the icon to EN icon in the Dock, and drop it like its hot.

3. in the newest version of EN, it will clip the entire page, as well as the URL. very handy.

this works much faster, you can open all the pages you want to clip, then simply drag and drop and close each tab as you go. this obviously will not allow you to immediately tag and assign notebook, but i find this is preferable, because after i drag and drop, i just command-tab over to EN, and now you can BATCH EDIT! woot.

hope that helps

Well, thanks but it doesn't. You are asking me to change my working practice to accommodate the different way the plug-in works in Chrome. Also dragging the url to Evernote does not open the pop-up that allows me to set the Notebook for that note so it's only a partially successful workaround.

My request is simple – I am requesting the Chrome plug-in to work the same way as it does in Safari.

Please note – I am not asking for help in handling the difference in behaviour between two browsers. I am asking that EN make their software behaviour consistent, not ask me to change the way I work.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried the latest version? People seem to be reporting a far better experience.

Thanks – I just watched the Chrome EV plugin video. But it looks the same as the one I have. I guess some like it, but I prefered the Safari way. Problem is that Apple have totally buggered up Safari these days so I jumped over to shiny Chrome.

• Level 5*

I'm guessing that there are also underlying reasons why the clippers cannot work the same on both browsers. Maybe it's just 'easier' to do in Safari.

Actually it's one of the reasons I stick with Safari for most browsing is the slick Evernote integration which seems to work far more successfully than with FF or Chrome.

Best way I've found of keeping Safari moving is to clear the cache frequently - this really improves performance.

For me it's horses for courses. Safari for casual browsing (Evernote works the best), Chrome for Google Apps, Firefox for a bunch of other work stuff that is badly written and just works better in there and Opera for downloading (it has a nice download manager).

Browsers are just apps to me, I can pick a different one for each different task.

Archived