(Archived) menubar clipping icon missing in v2

mr_datsun

Idea

I have upgraded recently to the latest version.

The menubar icon has gone. I don't know exactly when it went but it went on the big version update I installed recently. I tried the latest update today and so it is now v2.1.0

There is no option for this in the preferences/clipping panel. I understand that option went a while ago.

I have rebooted since the upgrade so that is not a solution.

OS X 10.6.7

Evernote 2.1.0.

12 replies to this idea

Same problem here. I've deleted evernote from new macbook and re-installed. Turned safari clipping on and off and then relaunched safari. Clipping icon is gone from the toolbar. I have exactly the same config running on my desktop and the icon is still in the toolbar.

Any suggestions?

Same issue here. Config as follows:

Mac OS X 10.6.7

Firefox 4.0.1

Evernote 2.1.0

Firefox Addon: Evernote Web Clipper 4.0.0.144406

Icon appears in Safari, but is missing in FF 4.0

I've tried reinstalling the addon but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

I found the solution to my problem with the missing icon in FF4. Here's what I did:

1. Make sure your 'Add-on Bar' is being displayed. Do this by right-clicking in the toolbar area of Firefox and making sure there is a check mark next to 'Add-on Bar'.

2. Right-click on the Add-on Bar and select 'Customize'

3. You will now get a list of icons that can be added to this toolbar. In my case, the Evernote icon was there. I simply dragged the icon to the Add-on Bar and all is well again.

Not sure why it disappeared in the first place, but following the above steps should bring it back. Good luck.

I've just had one of those Doh! moments.

In Safari, got to 'view>customize toolbar' and you will see all of the elements for your current config of the toolbar.

If, like me, you have done a fresh install of Safari, the evernote clipping icon has disappeared but it is present in the is menu.

Simply drag it to your preferred location on the toolbar.

It seems that it is a two step process.

1. enable in evernote

2. place the button manually on the safari toolbar

I now have my evernote clipping in Safari working again!!

Yeah!!!!

Can someone please explain why my post about missing OS X MENU BAR icon has turned into a discussion about missing icon in Safari and Firefox TOOL BAR?

Do please READ the OP. If you are discussing a different issue then I think it would be normal and polite to start your own post.

Thank-you.

And yours truly

MRD

My apologies Mr D. In my haste to sort out my issue with the clipping icon missing from the browsers, the only search result was your thread.

I never use the icon in the OSX menu as the one in the browser window is perfect for my needs. I didn't even notice it was there.

Just for the record, I have 4 macs running latest version of OSX and evernote. The icon is in the menu bar on all of them despite recent updates.

Good luck.

D

My apologies Mr D. In my haste to sort out my issue with the clipping icon missing from the browsers, the only search result was your thread.

I never use the icon in the OSX menu as the one in the browser window is perfect for my needs. I didn't even notice it was there.

Just for the record, I have 4 macs running latest version of OSX and evernote. The icon is in the menu bar on all of them despite recent updates.

Good luck.

D

C, thanks for your letter. I'm totally buggered off with OSX Safari these days and have converted to the more responsive Chrome but don't like the Chrome plug-in so the missing EN menubar icon was the best way for me. Funnily I've retained the menubar on my laptop at home but the office laptop has lost it to the four winds.

Check under: Preferences > General

at the bottom of that panel:

What do you mean by Check?  I have that setting enabled and it still doe not show the icon in the menu bar.  This is a new problem with upgrade to 5.14.  It used to work fine. 

Archived