(Archived) REQUST: Ability to edit saved searches

braintoniq

Idea

Is there a way to edit an existing Saved Search? My biz partner who uses the PC version of EN showed me a way to do it on his, but it doesn't seem possible on the Mac version.

I see the syntax in the Search Explanation bar (View: Show Search Explanation), but it doesn't allow me to copy the actual search string.

6 replies to this idea

On my Mac, however, right-click only gives me the options to rename or delete the saved search. Is there a way to modify the saved search string so it doesn't have to be deleted and created again from scratch? Even this wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to copy/paste the syntax.

Thanks,

Ross

• Level 5*

Looks like when a saved search is just text then it is displayed in the search box and so is easy to see (and copy), but if you are searching anything more complex or tags then there isn't an equivalent to the Windows functionality at the moment.

On my Mac, however, right-click only gives me the options to rename or delete the saved search. Is there a way to modify the saved search string so it doesn't have to be deleted and created again from scratch? Even this wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to copy/paste the syntax.

CONFIRMED: I see the same behavior in the latest EN Mac version 2.2 Beta 3.

This is unbelievable. This is yet another basic EN feature (has been en EN Win for a long time) that is missing from EN Mac.

Is anyone at Evernote keeping track of feature consistency between EN Win and EN Mac?

I would like to edit Saved Searches and save them under another name.

Not having these (IMHO easy to implement) features is a major obstacle for using Evernote in my daily work.

Is there any news on this?

Archived