Idea

I am a paid user and have many Notebooks. I have notebooks that relate to my hobbies as well as my career. On laptops that I bring to work, I only want my business-related notebooks to replicate. After installing Evernote on a new computer, is there a way to tell it what notebooks I would want on that computer?

Thanks!

• Like 9

I was going to export the notebook from my main laptop and import it on my travel laptop. I figured that HAS to work. BUT.... I'm not sure the notes themselves would remain in sync if I made a change to a note. I'll try it when I get a chance. For now I've been clicking on each note. Damned pain in the butt. 

I'm sure it's a bug. I thought I read that when you select a notebook or do a search, all the results, ie the notes in the list view, get downloaded. I suppose it makes sense to only download what you click on, but they really should implement a "sync entire notebook" feature for those using sync on demand.

56 minutes ago, lisec said:

BUT.... I'm not sure the notes themselves would remain in sync if I made a change to a note.

No, the note export/import creates brand new notes; also moving to/from local notebooks

>>I was going to export the notebook from my main laptop and import it on my travel laptop.

Just wondering why you can't do this export on the travel laptop.  I know you have on-demand set up, but you should still have access to your notes.

12 minutes ago, DTLow said:

No, the note export/import creates brand new notes; also moving to/from local notebooks

>>I was going to export the notebook from my main laptop and import it on my travel laptop.

Just wondering why you can't do this export on the travel laptop.  I know you have on-demand set up, but you should still have access to your notes.

Basically because if the import creates "new" notes, then updating one of those notes on my main laptop before I leave will not update it on the travel laptop and I certainly wouldn't want that.  

59 minutes ago, lisec said:

Basically because if the import creates "new" notes, then updating one of those notes on my main laptop before I leave will not update it on the travel laptop and I certainly wouldn't want that.  

I think my point is being missed.
Just before leaving, use the travel laptop and copy the notes to a  local notebook. The notes will be available when offline.

Of course, the best solution is getting your on-demand notebooks to download 

48 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Just before leaving, use the travel laptop and copy the notes to a  local notebook. The notes will be available when offline.

Of course, the best solution is getting your on-demand notebooks to download 

Gotcha.  Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but I really don't want to leave that to the last minute.  I'll just keep hitting the down button on my list until everything is downloaded (and hope I don't forget anything).

17 hours ago, lisec said:

I was going to export the notebook from my main laptop and import it on my travel laptop. I figured that HAS to work. BUT.... I'm not sure the notes themselves would remain in sync if I made a change to a note. I'll try it when I get a chance. For now I've been clicking on each note. Damned pain in the butt.

If you have space on your travel laptop just turn off ODS.  Same issue arises with the export if the actual note content doesn't make it to the export.  I would test that with a couple of copied notes first.  If export does include all of the note content, then you could export, delete from main computer, and then import to the travel laptop.  The notes would then sync to the main laptop and all would be to the same.  Key is whether detail is included in the export of an ODS note not referenced in a while.  

+1 There are hundreds of votes for this across multiple overlapping feature requests! Given the issues surround file architecture on Mac that prevent us from having the same option as Windows users to define a different EN DB location, Selective Sync seems to be the only viable option...

7 hours ago, aswilson said:

Edit: Just noticed my Subscription:BASIC badge... do you know why?

This identifies the account subscription tier; Basic, Plus, Premium

On 3/4/2015 at 7:06 AM, soundsgoodtome said:

If Dropbox can do it, Evernote can.

It also seems you're failing to understand that selective sync will result in less data being pushed, not more.

I look forward to hearing Evernote's thoughts on this, rather than users' speculation on what Evernote can and cannot do.

If Google drive can why not evernote. Selective sync is a must to keep our PC space free for fruitful use. 

I'm currious learning that this is not implemented in Win / MacOS, because the mobile app (iOS) has this feature and worked the other way round. This shouldn't be to hard to implement.