(Archived) Stuck clipper on Chrome

jjlucsy

One particular page I tried to clip has seem to have gotten it stuck and it won't upload any clips. Every clip thereafter just adds to the count. I don't mind clearing it out and losing those clips, but I don't know how. Any suggestions?

I'm seeing a similar thing; I keep getting the yellow badge on the evernote icon showing "uploading unsaved clips".. and everytime I save the number goes up.. nothing gets updated in my notebook.. running win7 x64 chrome, clip to evernote 4.2.14.543

I did try logging out of evernote and logging back in, that got the count back to a yellow 1 but it still wont upload...

I'm running chrome 11.0.696.50 beta

We've been hearing reports about Chrome problems today, and it appears to be a problem that was introduced by the beta version of Chrome (11).

If you're having problems, can you confirm whether you're running the released version (10) or an unreleased test version (11 or 12)?

Thanks

FYI. I switched to FF4 a while back due to a variety of problems with Chrome Clipper. Easier to just use FireFox and wait until the Chrome Clipper finally got stable again. 8)

I too am getting the "stuck" plugin problem.

I'm using Clip to Evernote 4.2.14.543 and Chrome 11.0.696.50

Problem started a few days ago (approx 18-19 April). Evernote clipper says it's clipping fine, it adds the little yellow counter to the icon, and that's it.

Then if I clip another page, it increments the counter up by one, and that's it... nothing gets clipped.

I've uninstalled, and re-installed the plugin, and that got rid of the 9 pages waiting to be clipped, and reset the counter to zero, but now I still cannot clip anything to Evernote... the same error... well actually there IS no "error" message as such... it just gets stuck, and clipped articles backup on the counter.

When I uninstall and re-install the plugin, it still shows me logged in with my user details.. all my settings are retained... is there a way to completely un-install the plugin, user-profile and all... so I can try starting from scratch, re-entering my details, adjusting my settings etc... maybe that might help ?

Don't make me change back to Firefox... pleeeease... :)

I was suffering from the same issue, so I decided to downgrade my Chrome to the latest release (10.0.648.205), and disabled the auto-update function with the command described below:

http://www.chromefans.org/chrome-tutorial/how-to-disable-google-chrome-automatic-updates.htm

... I know it is not an ideal way, but the web clipping func is far more important for me. Hope the web clipper become compatible with Chrome 11...

We've been hearing reports about Chrome problems today, and it appears to be a problem that was introduced by the beta version of Chrome (11).

If you're having problems, can you confirm whether you're running the released version (10) or an unreleased test version (11 or 12)?

Thanks

V11 here, as well. Looking forward to a fix! Out of curiosity, do you have a guesstimate as to when this might be resolved? I'm debating whether to wait for a fix or downgrade to non-beta Chrome.

The clipping works correctly on the released version of Chrome (version 10), but the unstable testing versions 11 and 12 broke our clipping. We should have a fix in a few days, but I always recommend people stick with the released version of software unless you absolutely need to use a beta (e.g. you're a software engineer testing your own web site for compatibility).

I think I may have stumbled across a temporary workaround for the Evernote versus chrome clipping problem. (using Evernote 4.2.14.543 and Chrome 11.0.696.50) It's a workaround that allows me to continue using Chrome. I tried using Evernote from within the Sharaholic chrome extension, and it worked. It saved my clip and successfully synced it to my desktop.

• 2 years later...

Archived