Sign in to follow this  
jbignert

firefox (Archived) Firefox Extension with Windows native clipping

I gave it a try in FF4 and it works. I clipped some text and it worked.

Thank you for fixing it!!!!

Yes, this works and solves the issues I was having with Firefox 4 clipping to Evernote Windows client.

Greetings All!

No change for me!

I am running FF4 on an HP Quad core box with Windows 7 x64 Sp1 and the new extension seems to not do anything differently.

When I click on the icon on the FF toolbar, Evernote still tries to call home and asks me for log-in info and nothing happens locally.

I had never used the hot key before, so I tried that and Great Gloriosky! my selected text with images was pasted into a new note locally

without the call-home-and-sign-in non-sense.

So, I am a happy camper........ just have to push a key instead of click on an icon.

Best 'o Luck .........

David

I tried the new extension. It still doesn't clip to the local data base. It requires several steps to save, then you have to sync to get it locally. I liked the old way -- clip and go -- get the "1note added" message in the tray.

Any plans, when "native" clipping will be back? The status quo really affects the whole Evernote experience in a bad way... at least to me!

Same for me! It is a much better experience to clip to Evernote with the Safari-Plugin on my Mac than with Firefox. :)

Do you have plans for adding PDF-Clipping in Firefox?

Just updated to the stable Firefox 5, unfortuantely the clipper is broken again. I'd really appreciate it, if you guys could add the native clipping feature!

Hi all, here is a beta version of the Mozilla Extension supporting FF5.

http://update.evernote.com/prerelease/E ... 4.beta.xpi

Note: Native clipping is supported on Windows (Mac coming soon)

Please let us know any issues you experience.

Appears to work like the "old" way : Title / tag/ notebook..

I liked the other panel with notes.. etal

Also the options for default NB etc have been dropped.