(Archived) Evernote for Android v. 3.0 Beta 1

Hey folks -

We've got another big update packed with lots of new feature.

• [*:1zq5nlas] Single note sharing to Facebook or other Android apps. (Read here to find out more about single note sharing:
http://blog.evernote.com/2011/03/29/the ... -and-more/)
[*:1zq5nlas] Create and edit notebooks from Android
[*:1zq5nlas] Much improved synchronization progress on the Notebooks view
[*:1zq5nlas] Improved sync performance for linked notebooks
[*:1zq5nlas] Easy "Add Webclipper to the Browser" from the Settings screen
[*:1zq5nlas] Numerous bug fixes

You can download the latest version at:

http://s.evernote.com/androidpreview

Please let us know your feedback

I quickly tested the javascript bookmark thing on my Droid Incredible,

it seems you sort of have to scroll around looking for the popup, at first i didn't think it was working at all, because it doesn't appear on screen. At least thats how it worked on this page:

http://www.tcj.com/layout-workbook/

Finally I realized the thing wasn't failing to work, but I had to scroll to the right to find the Evernote popup.

I quickly tested the javascript bookmark thing on my Droid Incredible,

it seems you sort of have to scroll around looking for the popup, at first i didn't think it was working at all, because it doesn't appear on screen. At least thats how it worked on this page:

http://www.tcj.com/layout-workbook/

Finally I realized the thing wasn't failing to work, but I had to scroll to the right to find the Evernote popup.

Thanks for the feedback, we'll optimize the Bookmarklet for Android in the future.

Also having problems with the web clipper on my Samsung Galaxy S: the popup seems to auto-align to the top left corner no matter how much I try to scroll around. Zooming out is not possible either. This is a problem because it means I can never see nor access the "Send" button. It's too far at the bottom.

I would like to comment.

When creating a new notebook ( landscape mode) I'm using an HTC Desire Z by the way.

the pop up screen wherein we fill up the info for the notebook is kinda off. I can't see nor press the OK or Cancel button. :D would like to see a fix for this :D

This program keeps getting better and better. The shared notes on Android

And now notebook edit is huge.

My suggestion would be on the list view give option to tighten the

Lines up so the note titles are lined under each other tighter.

Helps with scrolling through the view.

I use this program every day with my desktop version.

Thank you for continued development.

My suggestion would be on the list view give option to tighten the

Lines up so the note titles are lined under each other tighter.

Helps with scrolling through the view.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The list view does have alternate display options that include titles only. Have you tried that?

Having a single row per title can make tapping on a note more challenging -- Android recommends a minimum row height.

The javascript bookmark doesn't seem to work on my good old HTC Hero. It just says "invalid url", when I try to create the bookmark in the standard browser. The url looks like this:

javascript:(function(){EN_CLIP_HOST='http://www.evernote.com';try{var x=document.createElement('SCRIPT');x.type='text/javascript';x.src=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/public/bookmarkClipper.js?'+(new Date().getTime()/100000);document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(x);}catch(e){location.href=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/clip.action?url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title);}})()

Any thoughts? The Hero is running Android 2.1.

Thanks in advance!

/Jesper

The javascript bookmark doesn't seem to work on my good old HTC Hero. It just says "invalid url", when I try to create the bookmark in the standard browser. The url looks like this:

javascript:(function(){EN_CLIP_HOST='http://www.evernote.com';try{var x=document.createElement('SCRIPT');x.type='text/javascript';x.src=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/public/bookmarkClipper.js?'+(new Date().getTime()/100000);document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(x);}catch(e){location.href=EN_CLIP_HOST+'/clip.action?url='+encodeURIComponent(location.href)+'&title='+encodeURIComponent(document.title);}})()

Thanks in advance!

/Jesper

I see where Jesper is getting this, on my HTC Incredible, Android 2.2.1. The whole process isn't intuitive, in that I have to go looking for the web clipping...for instance, I go to Menu/Bookmarks/and the top left bookmark is the page with Clip to Evernote text on it. I click on that, and I need to sign in to EN, but the Sign In button is not active. Also, while I am logging in on the EN popup screen, the actual web page in the background is moving around! This could be a problem if I want to clip a certain page, but the page reacts to my actions on the EN popup, and I inadvertently click another link behind it, in which case I may be clipping a page I don't want....

UPDATE: it took FOREVER to sign in, and when I did, most of the popup is cutoff (more than half of the left side in portrait view, the the bottom quarter in landscape view). In either case, the 'submit' button is inaccessible for me to complete the action of clipping the page.

So great, and so close!

Thanks in advance!

/Jesper

I see where Jesper is getting this, on my HTC Incredible, Android 2.2.1. The whole process isn't intuitive, in that I have to go looking for the web clipping...for instance, I go to Menu/Bookmarks/and the top left bookmark is the page with Clip to Evernote text on it. I click on that, and I need to sign in to EN, but the Sign In button is not active. Also, while I am logging in on the EN popup screen, the actual web page in the background is moving around! This could be a problem if I want to clip a certain page, but the page reacts to my actions on the EN popup, and I inadvertently click another link behind it, in which case I may be clipping a page I don't want....

UPDATE: it took FOREVER to sign in, and when I did, most of the popup is cutoff (more than half of the left side in portrait view, the the bottom quarter in landscape view). In either case, the 'submit' button is inaccessible for me to complete the action of clipping the page.

So great, and so close!

I think for me, the popup might have been inaccessible the first time I tried before i logged in it but maybe it worked the second time?

With the chrome extension, doesn't it automatically clip and the popup is just to confirm you want the clip, or am I misremembering? At any rate, developers might want to consider doing it that way.

Archived