(Archived) Instapaper-like URL parsing?

ruudhein

I often send interesting stuff to Evernote from within apps like New York Times or Flipboard, etc. Often these kind of emails only contain a snippet of the article followed by a link to it. That is how those app operate.

Instapaper and ReadItLater can parse these and grab the text of the article.

Is a similar setup possible with evernote?

I often send interesting stuff to Evernote from within apps like New York Times or Flipboard, etc. Often these kind of emails only contain a snippet of the article followed by a link to it. That is how those app operate.

Instapaper and ReadItLater can parse these and grab the text of the article.

Is a similar setup possible with evernote?

I second this. Similar to this feature, if Evernote can have an option to render webpages into a more readable format, such as those in Instapaper/ReadItLater or even readability, many will welcome and be absorbed into Evernote's user base in the long term. I don't mind if this is a premium feature initially to justify the cost, but eventually EN may push it to everyone (when revenues balances out the investment).

• 2 years later...

Three years later and this is still a problem with Evernote.

There is no decent web clipping solution for Evernote on iPad.  My current workflow is to send to Intstapaper from various iPad apps, then send to Evernote from Instapaper.

It's so silly.  Build a server-side web clipper already!

Archived