(Archived) Tips for text recognition in images?

djjd

I am a new Evernote user. I am uploading images primarily via the Android app on a Droid Incredible phone. Evernote does not seem to be making any attempt to identify the text in images. I have tried with several simple business cards. Am I missing something?

• Level 5*

OCR for images is done on the Evernote servers. If you're a premium user, you get first priority at OCR, though depending on load, that may take several hours to turn around. Free users come second.

Thanks for the feedback. The images I was hoping for OCR on have been on the servers for several days now. I've even tried the beta version of the Android client to upload images. Is there any way to nudge OCR to try? I am uploading via my phone camera and accessing notes via the web interface on a computer.

Thanks for the feedback. The images I was hoping for OCR on have been on the servers for several days now. I've even tried the beta version of the Android client to upload images. Is there any way to nudge OCR to try? I am uploading via my phone camera and accessing notes via the web interface on a computer.

are you a premium user?

if so then i would think that EN would try to accommodate.

if not then you'll have to wait your turn.

the turn around is based on load. the priority on membership

• Level 5
Thanks for the feedback. The images I was hoping for OCR on have been on the servers for several days now.

Several days... That does sound excessive, even for a free user.

I wish there was an easy visual clue that the OCR process was complete on a specific document.

Evernote status website does not report any recent delays or problems in April.

http://status.evernote.com/

Images for free users may take a few hours, but not more than a day. Images in Premium accounts are processed in a few minutes. PDFs in Premium accounts can take a bit longer, but that's mostly because the PDF itself may take a long time to process if it has multiple pages.

Archived