(Archived) Taking pictures of BOTH sides of a business card

harryg

I have the Android version of the Evernote App. I use the snapshot feature to take a picture of a business card. I click, and it asks me if I'm done. From there, I can upload/sync. That works great.

However... what if I want to take photos of BOTH sides of the card? Instead of only giving the options of being DONE or starting a new picture, how could I take a picture of both sides of a business card, and have it save to one note?

Many business cards have important info on both sides. Usually it's contact info on the front, and hours of operation on the back.

• Level 5

Either your camera will have to merge the 2 individual photos or you will need to use the Evernote merge feature which is available on the client.

I do not believe merge is possible with the Evernote Android version or the Evernote web.

I do the same, but I use CamScanner for it. Then you can easily add another document/businesscard side and it gives you exactly the businesscard and enhances the image a bit.

They have a free full functioning trial where the give you x amount of free scans. I did a bunch of scans and bought it before I ran out so although I'm not sure how many, it's enough to see if you're willing to dish out a couple of $$

what if I want to take photos of BOTH sides of the card? Instead of only giving the options of being DONE or starting a new picture, how could I take a picture of both sides of a business card, and have it save to one note?

HI,

You can attach any number of attachments to a single note (25/50MB max limit per note).

Click on camera button (icon on the top bar of new note screen), capture a picture, press done/attach.

Now press the camera button again and capture another pic.

I will help you to get pictures of both sides of a card in the same note.

Cheers,

Hemant

I do the same, but I use CamScanner for it. Then you can easily add another document/businesscard side and it gives you exactly the businesscard and enhances the image a bit.

They have a free full functioning trial where the give you x amount of free scans. I did a bunch of scans and bought it before I ran out so although I'm not sure how many, it's enough to see if you're willing to dish out a couple of $$

I just discovered CamScanner too and love it. Best money I've ever spent on an Android app. Now, when I'm at a store and I finish checking out, I just take a quick snapshot of the cash register receipt with CamScanner. It crops and cleans it up nicely and then lets me upload it to Evernote instantly. No more worrying about keeping track of receipts!

I use CamCard, which is made by the same people behind Camscanner, but designed specifically for business cards. It captures both the front and back sides of biz cards. When you share to EN though, it only sends the data it pulled off the cards. But the images are there for you to attach from within the EN app. There are many other great features as well, but to go farther would derail this reply into an advertisement. :/

Archived