(Archived) Images in notes not synced in offline mode

torep

I recently started using Evernote with my android device, I have the latest version from Android Market. While the notes sync ok, a lot of my notes contain images and these are not synced, the first time I open them my phone connects to the internet to download the image. After the first time I open a note I can then see the image when completely offline - I presume this is because it is then cached? Problem is that I am not allways at places where I can be connected (ICU, aboard airplanes), and to go through and open all notes to download the images to my device is a lot of work.

Is this a known issue with the android client? Is there any way to fix this?

- Tor P

Running evernote for android 2.6.1

I think the Android app works similarly to the iPhone app in that in order to store notes locally on your device, you must be a premium user.

Then, as a premium user, the way it works on the iPhone is that you go into the EN settings screen & select which notebooks you want to be stored "offline" & sync, when you have an internet connection.

I think the Android app works similarly to the iPhone app in that in order to store notes locally on your device, you must be a premium user.

Then, as a premium user, the way it works on the iPhone is that you go into the EN settings screen & select which notebooks you want to be stored "offline" & sync, when you have an internet connection.

Yes, that's how it works on Android too.

Julie

• 1 year later...

When I launch evernote on my MAC, and click the sync button, when it's DONE or at least says it's done. I only have like 600 notes and 1 notebook. My MAC works fine. I can browse any note I want.

When I launch evernote on my WINDOWS 7 computer, and click the sync button, when it's DONE or at least says it's done. I only have like 600 notes and 1 notebook, my WINDOWS 7 pc works fine. I can browse any note I want.

When I launch evernote on my WINDOWS XP computer at work, and click the sync button, when it's DONE or at least says it's done. I only have like 600 notes and 1 notebook, my WINDOWS XP pc works fine. I can browse any note I want.

When I launch evernote on my apple Iphone, and click the sync button, when it's DONE or at least says it's done. I only have like 600 notes and 1 notebook, my apple Iphone works fine. I can browse any note I want.

When I launch evernote on my ANDROID tablet, and click the sync button, when it's DONE or at least says it's done. I only have like 600 notes and 1 notebook, my ANDROID TABLET, DOES NOT WORK! I CANNOT browse any note I want. I can ONLY browse basic text notes. Anything with a PICTURE, LINK, VOICE RECORDING, etc DOES NOT WORK! It pops up an error saying, "Note loading error, You are not connected to the internet. Please try again later." Yes, the box for Offline Search is CHECKED.

Is this a bug on the Android evernote app?

• Level 5*

Syncing is different on the mobile clients than it is on the desktop. If you sync, that does not mean that you necessarily have all notes and their content loaded onto your device; it means that you have a certain amount of note information for each note loaded on your device. That content is usually loaded on demand (you need to be connected to the internet), though it may get cached on the device, in which case it will be available for some amount of time, but may disappear from the cache if the system needs space for something else. This makes sense: if you have a multi-gigabyte note database, then you probably do not have enough space on your mobile device to contain it all.

Evidently, search information is included with the note metadata now, so that you can do offline searching. That is not the same as having the actual note content available. For example I have a number of PDF files as attachments. I can search while I am offline, and search finds items that are contained in the PDFs, even though the PDF itself is not actually downloaded to my device. I find the note, and click on the PDF, and get the "You are not connected to the Internet" message. This is by design, and not a bug. The PDF file is not on my device, but its search information is.

Premium users can designate specific notebooks to be always available, even when you are offline. If you have an offline notebook, its contents are synced to the device.

Archived