(Archived) 2.0.5 for MAC - issues

joel65203

Idea

I may be missing something (hopefully) and I have not seen it discussed.

Before this new version, when I am on a webpage and choose "add to EN," a note pane pops up with the content. Fine. With this new version, a dialog box pops up where I can assign it to notebooks, add tags, etc. Fine as well (very fine, in fact). But it seems that the note material is sent directly to EN's servers, not to the internal program. I actually have to sync for it to appear.

This is not a huge problem, but it prevents me from doing anything on my browser while it uploads (I noticed this when the website content was rich and took a while to upload). Is this an unintended consequence, or is it designed to work this way?

7 replies to this idea

It sounds like you're using Firefox?

Our latest clipper for Firefox 4 unintentionally broke the "clip to the local application" feature on Mac OS, so now it defaults to the Javascript-only "clip to the web" mode.

We plan to fix this in a future release of our Firefox clipper.

Hope it gets fixed soon. Not having local desktop clipping really hurts how I use Evernote. Most of the things I clip have quite a few very high res images, which would completely kill my usage space within a couple days. I typically delete them out after clipped (as well as removed other unneeded parts of the part, ie comments) to save bandwidth and storage space. With the JavaScript clipper taking the whole page, it both takes forever and fills up space quickly.

Any estimated timeframe on a fix? Any idea of local desktop clipping will ever come to the Chrome extension? Not being able to clip locally will force me to not use Evernote for the time being.

Thanks,

Matt

Dave,

Our latest clipper for Firefox 4 unintentionally broke the "clip to the local application" feature on Mac OS, so now it defaults to the Javascript-only "clip to the web" mode.

We plan to fix this in a future release of our Firefox clipper.

Any idea when FF4 clipper on Mac OS will be fixed ? Using latest and greatest Firefox 4.0, Evernote 2.1 and Web clipper 4.0.0.138228 and local clipping is not enabled. It really hurts the global Evernote experience, in terms of time and manipulation.

Thanks for an otherwise great product

Pierre Metivier

I've been holding off upgrading to FF4 until the EN native clipping issue is resolved (currently using FF 3.6/clipper 138228). Release notes for the clipper released on 5/3 (4.0.0.144406) say that it enables native clipping support for both Mac & Windows, but comments on the Mozilla site are reporting issues. Anyone taken the leap yet?

I've been holding off upgrading to FF4 until the EN native clipping issue is resolved (currently using FF 3.6/clipper 138228). Release notes for the clipper released on 5/3 (4.0.0.144406) say that it enables native clipping support for both Mac & Windows, but comments on the Mozilla site are reporting issues. Anyone taken the leap yet?

I just used the newest update to clip 10 notes from my Google Reader directly into Evernote on Mac. Didn't have any issues!

Now if only they could enable local clipping in Chrome...

Archived