Sign in to follow this  
spaaarky13

mac (Archived) Exporting from Evernote

Ok, got a big problem here. I need to be able to use my evernote note on a school computer. They've decided to block evernote as apparently it's a "file storage" site so I can't sync my notes from my computer. I need to be able to access the notes as a word doc or something. I gave the export to html a go but the images don't go with it. I've tried copying and pasting into a word document but the images won't go. I've tried copying individual images but they won't copy at all. Any ideas? If this isn't just me being stupid, this is a big shortfall of Evernote

I've just tested exporting a note with text and images to HTML and have successfully created a folder called My Notes with an html file and and a resources folder.

Can you describe the steps you took and I'll see if I can spot if you are missing something.

There isn't an export to Word and if you search the forum you'll see that there is unlikely to ever be one - 'html being the most portable format" or something like that.

Are they blocking web access to the Evernote site as well? That works, though it's not as convenient.

Thanks for the help.

I right clicked on the note, selected export, then ensured in the dialog it was set to html and then hit save. No images were copied into the folder and nor is there any coding in the html for images

Am sending in a support request now. What's weird is that when I export another note with pictures, it exports the pictures too...

The support request suggested I upgrade to the latest beta, this solved the problem, though I lost a few images