(Archived) Skin Support / or nicer GUI

kthesun

Idea

Hi there,

I really like Evernote, and I use it quite often. But as a typical Mac User I would strongly request Skin Support for the Mac App. The Mac App is by the way the reason why I use Evernote instead of other Note-Tools with similar functions. I just don't like these website-apps.

However, for me the Mac App looks too sterile. It would be great if you could give the app a bit more Moleskin-Flair.

Does anyone know if there is something like that already planned?

8 replies to this idea

I hope they don't devote development time to skinning. You can't skin iPhoto or Pages or any of a bunch of other Mac apps - I think there are higher priorities.

Well, if you take a look at the Mac App Store you will see, that the top-selling apps, that belong to the same category than Evernote almost all have an extraordinary appearence. Same for the iTunes App Store.

I don't know that the app necessarily needs to be skinnable, but I do think a little more attention to the UI would definitely be appreciated -- I'm talking about both aesthetics and usability, here.

My primary complaint with the UI is the left sidebar, which is way too cramped and cluttered ... there's simply not enough room over there to display enough notebooks and tags, and the situation gets worse with each software upgrade.

• Level 5*
I hope they don't devote development time to skinning. You can't skin iPhoto or Pages or any of a bunch of other Mac apps - I think there are higher priorities.

Well, if you take a look at the Mac App Store you will see, that the top-selling apps, that belong to the same category than Evernote almost all have an extraordinary appearence. Same for the iTunes App Store.

How many of those apps are also available on Windows, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm Pre and have a web client?

I'm sure that they will continue to work on the UI, but I'm also pretty sure giving users the ability to skin won't be high on their list.

As for the left sidebar and notebooks - if only they'd support hierarchies.....but we know that isn't going to happen.

Well, I am a customer, who asks for a feature :lol: Nothing else.

In commemmoration:

My feature request is: Nicer GUI or Skin Support (skin support would finally result in a nicer gui, but if they can make a nice GUI on their own, i won't care about the missing skin support.)

And I actually don't care about the android, windows or whatever app ;) And I also wonder why you care so much about the problems of the developers. Who are you? In your signatures you write you don't work for them, so what is your problem?

And I actually don't care about the android, windows or whatever app :lol: And I also wonder why you care so much about the problems of the developers. Who are you? In your signatures you write you don't work for them, so what is your problem?

Evernote Evangelists are also users who also help moderate the board. We also have our opinions, just like you do. And like metrodon, I'd rather the engineer time be spent on features that add or increase usefulness rather than bling. (Although bling is nice.) Although you don't care about any of the other apps, since Evernote is multiplatform, they certainly do & they try to add features that benefit all the platforms.

Archived