Ever Better: Refreshing the Evernote Brand Read more... ×
ajschmidt

windows Collapsible / Expandable Outlines within Notes

Idea

Please... this is the one thing that makes me go back to Workflowy a lot, even though it is not as full-featured as Evernote. Need this!

21 hours ago, EAR3321 said:

this is the one thing that makes me go back to Workflowy a lot, even though it is not as full-featured as Evernote.

One of the great things about Evernote is the note can contain files of any format.
You can use the editor that works best for you.

I use the Evernote editor for basic notes; MS-Word/Apple-Pages for extended word processing features.  
I'll check out the Workflowy editor but so far my requirements are addressed with this combination.

• Thanks 1

+1, in a big way.

One note doesn't do a great job at it - if Evernote does even half as good they will pick up a lot of new users and keep their current happy.

So many pulls, but no answered by dev for such long time,

probably this feature never gonna be happened on Evernote.

On 8/3/2018 at 5:32 PM, NamD said:

probably this feature never gonna be happened on Evernote.

Evernote is adding word processing features but I don't think the base format (enml/html) supports "Collapsible / Expandable Outlines within Notes"

Until this is implemented, my recomendation is use a word processing editor/doccument.
There are also work-arounds, such as a link to a separate note.

23 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Evernote is adding word processing features but I don't think the base format (enml/html) supports "Collapsible / Expandable Outlines within Notes"

Actually this is a core, simple, HTML feature:
HTML summary Tag 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JMichaelTX said:

Actually this is a core, simple, HTML feature:
HTML summary Tag 

The HTML Summary Tag actually does work on Evernote/Mac945713311_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_02_19.png.c769550b207381977acf9ead7f518e62.png1414878671_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_14_33.png.2394dd9a1bc4273a67f019d2fef9c9a8.png
It requires a direct edit of the notes .enml file to insert the code

Unfortunately the note displays corrupted on the IOS and Web platforms.

8 hours ago, DTLow said:

The HTML Summary Tag actually does work on Evernote/Mac945713311_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_02_19.png.c769550b207381977acf9ead7f518e62.png1414878671_ScreenShot2018-08-06at10_14_33.png.2394dd9a1bc4273a67f019d2fef9c9a8.png
Currently it requires a direct edit of the notes .enml file to insert the code

Unfortunately the note displays corrupted on the IOS and Web platforms.

That might be why I cannot get it to work in Windows either, at least not the example at https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml5_summary

Thanks, I've just realized that Evernote can pasted the HTML from another sites !

So I've using OneNote to use the collapse button, but as can't modify under MS Office products, I tried to customize another HTML editor like Froala HTML editor to add this collapsible table list to use on blog or another HTML based pages.

I think this question on stackoverflow.com then could be give me a hint to solve the matter by copying from another editor and pasting on Evernote.

Additionally even the <detail> and <summery> tag is not working on ios or mobile,

still it's easy to make that kinda effect without javascript but only with pure html and css.

Well I tested by copying and pasting the code of detail and summery codes on Evernote under Windows 10,

it's functioning but hard to modify.

I have a no choice but have to stick with Onenote for after a while or keep my post on blogger.com 

This is very important to me and unfortunately I'll have to switch to Workflowy (and abandon some important Evernote functionalities) if it doesn't get implemented in one of the next versions.