(Archived) FAVORITES on iPhone but not on MAC

jthecrook

Idea

11 replies to this idea

iPhone is the only client with favorites. I think it was the initial attempt at allowing iPhone users to have access to some notes when they have no connection, since the notes are not stored on the device by default. You can use tags to identify favorites on the other clients.

Thanks for that info. I did see that option when I searched the forums and but its just not very streamlined and effective for me.

I tag for subject info, not for timely reminders that need my attention. Just the way my head works.

First off I love the app. Quite a bit. My only critique is in the hopes of making it even more functionally inline with the busy individual.

The one flaw in Evernote, is there's no to/do or priority list. So it's Evernote: Remember Everything (but not necessarily in time)

The Favorites list on the iPhone solved that issue. I would just favorite everything that needed my immediate attention.

Question to developers: Any plans to make the Favorites folder part of the over all Evernote experience?

Thank you!

• Level 5*
Question to developers: Any plans to make the Favorites folder part of the over all Evernote experience?

I wouldn't rule it out, but I got the impression from Evernote staff comments that it's not a likely development, at least any time soon.

I never said it was. I simply expressed what I use it for. But but a simple task manager, or just to be able to have priority folder or favorites folder as they do on the iphone would be amazing.

It seems like a logical extension of all its other features.

The favorites folder is sooooo helpful I would just love to see it across all platforms. Trust me burger YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!!

:D

The favorites folder is sooooo helpful I would just love to see it across all platforms. Trust me burger YOU WOULD LOVE IT!!! :D

Actually, I don't use favorites. I have a premium account & all my notes are offline on my iPhone. I can quickly find the "favorites" with tags on both the iPhone, Windows client & web client.

• Level 5

Favorites are really cool for storing a few important documents.

My Medical Insurance card is an example. Quick access, no need to type in search criteria.

I don't want to store an entire notebook offline, or create a new notebook for the favorite items.

Another advantage with the Favorites-functions is that it works without going into "Edit mode" on a note.

The solution presented above, to use tags instead of Favoritis is not very streamlined when you want to add a tag to a rich text note on iPhone: you will have to "Copy or Append" the note, then make a few more steps before you could actually add the tag.

In short: Favorite as a "shortcut tag" is more important for me than the offline thing. This is a nice feature that I miss on my Mac client.

Pontus

I wouldn't rule it out, but I got the impression from Evernote staff comments that it's not a likely development, at least any time soon.

Why not? I am shocked that it's only available on iPhone only. Why create this kind of fragmentation across platforms?

I need this feature available now for Evernote on iOS 5 devices, as the current 4.04 version on iOS doesn't display any data when notes are selected, unless the notes have been "favorited"

• Level 5*

As previously stated, whatever you need on iOS 5 will not be supported now.

iOS 5 will be supported when it goes on general release.

I see favourites as being a little taster for free users of what a Premium account gets (Offline Notebooks) as well as a nod to the fact that iOS users are not always connected and may need access to important notes.

If you need to be able to see your notes, I'd suggest you put your device on a supported version of the OS.

Why not? I am shocked that it's only available on iPhone only. Why create this kind of fragmentation across platforms?

I need this feature available now for Evernote on iOS 5 devices, as the current 4.04 version on iOS doesn't display any data when notes are selected, unless the notes have been "favorited"

The ability to view notes when not connected (i.e. offline notebooks) on an ios device is a Premium Only Feature. Seeing that IOS 5 is only in beta and no doubt Apple will go through several revs before it is released we are not currently supporting the IOS 5 client. As the release date gets closer we will be pushing our several beta builds that work on IOS 5 to make any tweaks we need before we too release it.

Archived