(Archived) "conflicting changes" - why??

mlevin77

Idea

Every week or so, I see something from Evernote about putting one of my notes into a "conflicting changes" folder. I never keep Evernote open on more than one computer at a time so there's no way any note is being edited at the same time by two clients (although I do access the notes from a Mac or my iPhone). What's causing this?

Mike

14 replies to this idea

I originally posted this in the wrong section. So I'm reposting here.

I also have empty notebooks labeled "conflicting changes" and can't remove them. The previous information in each has been checked against the regular note and corrections made where necessary, and then the "conflicting changes" item was deleted, but did not disappear, just became empty. They can't be removed. These phantom notebooks are taking up a lot of room on my list of notebooks. And I'm only working on a Macbook, no other device is involved.

Did you follow the advice in the two posts directly above yours?

Sorry that I don't see any tips in this thread, or if I really missed something? I clicked on the link you posted, but it got re-directed to the forum homepage.

I can delete the conflicting notes in the folders, while it's no way to remove the conflicting folders themselves. Either the delete button on the toolbar or the delete option in the right-click menu is gray.

Please read the two posts directly above yours in this thread. I don't know how to say this any clearer.

As to why you're getting conflicting notes, please use the search function. I'm on my iPhone & it's not handy for me to find the thread at this time.

Please read the two posts directly above yours in this thread. I don't know how to say this any clearer.

The OP was pretty clear himself (and btw, following the link you posted I also got redirected to the forum homepage)

Sorry that I don't see any tips in this thread, or if I really missed something? I clicked on the link you posted, but it got re-directed to the forum homepage.
As to why you're getting conflicting notes, please use the search function. I'm on my iPhone & it's not handy for me to find the thread at this time.

I would suggest if your device at hand doesn't allow you to help, then don't answer the post until you're able to. The OP was very clear and asked a valid question: What is causing the "conflicting changes" to occur. He also answered your questions, and again, in plain English:

Using the almighty SEARCH FUNCTION, I found this thread...and I gotta say, for an Evernote Evangilist, your replies are anything BUT helpful.

• Level 5*

why are we arguing about a thread from march of last year? it has been a couple of months since anyone posted. for something like this, is it worth resurrecting the thread to attack someone about unhelpful advice? just a thought.

as for the conflicts, i think they sometimes occur when you fail to sync, use en on another client, and then open it again on the original device. without more detail, though, i cannot say why it is happening, and it might be good to start a support ticket (assuming you have the issue as well).

.and I gotta say, for an Evernote Evangilist, your replies are anything BUT helpful.

FYI, I posted the link TEN MONTHS ago. March 6, 2011, to be exact. Since that time, the old message board was migrated to a new one & the old one taken down. I assure you, the link was helpful when it was posted.

Archived