(Archived) YEP to Evernote?

Edwards507

Idea

5 replies to this idea

This would seem to require that Evernote support the OpenMeta tagging standard used by Yep. More and more software is adopting OpenMeta, and it would definitely be A Good Thing if Evernote did, too.

Did you get anywhere with this?

I face the same situation, hundreds of files to transfer but I would like to retain all the information I entered into Yep! There is an XML file which stores all this information, including tags and what not. But this would mean writing an XML parser in Applescript. Not my idea of a fun project!

Did you get anywhere with this?

I face the same situation, hundreds of files to transfer but I would like to retain all the information I entered into Yep! There is an XML file which stores all this information, including tags and what not. But this would mean writing an XML parser in Applescript. Not my idea of a fun project!

Not fun, for sure, but doable. There are a couple of OSAXen (scripting additions) out there for handling XML (one I know is from Late Night Software: http://www.latenightsoftware.com/freeware/XMLTools2/). I've used them successfully, but it was a bit of a struggle.

+! for Openmeta tag support. I'd like to stick with Evernote, I like it and it seems quite elegant, and my work often involves taking notes for data (so to speak) and gradually working toward documents/presentations.

I'm using Yep because I need a way to tag many hundreds of project and doc/pdf (etc) files that I don't expect to organize through Evernote. Yep helps manage files across the entire computer, so I think it serves a different purpose than Evernote. Also, working from my folder system, I was able to tag 2,000 files yesterday, so it seems pretty efficient for tagging.

Perhaps there are some tricks or work-arounds to use Yep (Openmeta) tags in Evernote?

(Or to get the Evernote and Openmeta tags to match/sync?)

Archived