Strike out checked items?

rnagaraj

How can I automatically strike out checked items?

I have a list of TO-DO items - when I check them I want them to be visibly clear that they are checked.

It should be possible to strike out a checked item - currently I am doing this manually.

Regards,

Nagaraj

You've not read my question clearly - I meant it should be "possible".

When EN provided a CHECKBOX, the natural inclination would be to manage my TO-DOs - that's what the web site "claims" to be.

Look at what all options TO-DO managers (e.g. stickies) now-a-days provide, and you will not tell this.

My problem is: at this moment there is no visible differentiators or a clear demarcation between a checked and an unchecked list - style-wise, it looks just the same - I need to TAG them to maintain them separately. It does not mean it's not possible, it just means EN intends not to do it.

I like the final line - "EN is not trying to be a task list/to-do manager" - even though it conflicts with the goals it mentions in the web site.

Regards,

Nagaraj

• Level 5*
I like the final line - "EN is not trying to be a task list/to-do manager" - even though it conflicts with the goals it mentions in the web site.

It's probably better understood as "Evernote is not primarily intended to replace dedicated task list or to-do list management software", but you can certainly use it for light task list management. If it doesn't do all of the things that a dedicated to-do list manager does, then that's just not its primary intent. On the other hand, you can strikeout text yourself.

So sure, such things are possible, it's a matter of Evernote's priorities. And the web site, particularly the main page should give you an idea of what the main priorities are: "Capture Anything, Access from Anywhere, and Find Things Fast."

• 3 years later...

It should be possible to strike out a checked item

I don't know how you come to that conclusion. AFAIK, it's not possible nor ever will be. As has been stated on the board many times, EN is not trying to be a task list/ to do manager.

That's too bad because implementing a more effective to do list would make Evernote a better application.   I'm sure a lot of people liked the reminder feature and that feature crosses the line between note app and a task app.  In fact , when the reminder feature was suggested,  I could have copied and pasted this reply and it would have fit perfectly.

That's too bad because implementing a more effective to do list would make Evernote a better application. I'm sure a lot of people liked the reminder feature and that feature crosses the line between note app and a task app. In fact , when the reminder feature was suggested, I could have copied and pasted this reply and it would have fit perfectly.

Many users have one or more features they are certain will make EN a "better" product, make millions of people immediately sign up for premium and millions more sign up for free accounts. No app is ever going to be everything to every one. Clearly, EN has been doing something right & ultimately, it's their decision which direction they want to go. Evernote rarely publishes their roadmap. But they had stated publicly, several times, that they were planning on adding a due date feature, which is what turned out to be the reminder date. So the fact they have publicly stated that they are not adding task/to-do list manager features is a good indication this is not a direction they are going to go.

https://discussion.evernote.com/topic/9805-due-dates/#entry45955

Archived