I'd like to delete large groups of notes but.....

bernynhel

I clip hundreds of notes (screenshots) in a few minutes, review them, and then I want to delete them all. These unwanted notes have all been taken in rapid succession so they're grouped together - I have thousands of these notes I don't need but didn't think or remember to isolate them in their own notebooks before clipping them. :shock:

Is there any way I can delete or merge>delete these blocks of notes without having to select each one by clicking each tick box, individually?

Just to select every note I want to delete would take days - every fifth or sixth one I select opens up in a new window if I try to hurry.

• Level 5

So you have thousands of screenshots you want to delete but you don't want to look at each one individually.

Are there any screenshots you want to keep?

If yes, then you have to find something (in the group you want to delete) that they all have in common.

What is the difference between the ones you want to keep and the ones you want to trash?

If you have a group to delete, you can click on the first note (in the note list) and then Shift Click on the last one. All the notes in between will be highlighted. Right click to delete all.

Suggestion, make a back up first

Suggestion, do a few at a time to be sure you are doing it correctly. Double check the trash to be sure nothing important slipped through.

Suggestion, do a manual sync after deleting several batches.

Is there any way I can delete or merge>delete these blocks of notes without having to select each one by clicking each tick box, individually?

Until EN adds the Kreskin/mind reader feature, there's no way for the app to know which of these clips you want & which you do not. The best thing I can offer is if you move them all to a newly created notebook & each day, spend some time reviewing the notes. (Using the list view, you can "preview" the note in the lower right pane.) If it's one you want to keep, move it to the appropriate notebook. If it's one you want to delete, delete it or add it to a notebook where you can then simply delete the entire notebook, including all the notes it contains. If that's too much trouble, then I guess you'll either have to deal with the extra notes or start over with a clean database & hope you have the notes you do want to keep.

• Level 5*

Do the unwanted notes share any characteristics? Are they all untagged? Anything else that might isolate them in a search? If so, you can do the old Shift-Click to highlight and delete them all.

• 2 weeks later...
...If you have a group to delete, you can click on the first note (in the note list) and then Shift Click on the last one. All the notes in between will be highlighted. Right click to delete all....

That's what I needed! All the notes I want to delete are adjacent, chronologically, and I didn't know how to highlight blocks of notes. Thanks a million and thanks to all who replied to my question!

• 3 years later...

Finally, an answer to the question. Perhaps it should have been obvious.

To mark contiguous notes:

Click the first note in the group and while holding down the shift key click the last one.

To mark notes that are not contiguous:

Hold down the Cntrl key while clicking on each note you wish to mark.

THANKS!

:) 

Archived