(Archived) Just upgraded to Premium.....

I'm not completely sure that I need any of the additional premium features to be honest, but I might, and I think the cost of the upgrade is very reasonable and hopefully will help to allow EN to keep updating it with new features.

Key new features for me would appear to already be in the pipeline - the main one that I'm after is the key update to the iPad app - in particular I need rich text editing. Ink notes from the iPad might be nice too, depending on the implementation, but I already use Note Taker HD for this which is excellent, and the handwritten notes are scanned perfectly by EN when I import them anyway.

Another key feature for me is the ability to link to a note from within a note. I know this is a bit Wiki-like, but I use EN primarily for my Degree study, and unless I want one enormous long note for the year it would be better to be able to quickly link them all together (and I really can't be doing with the work around that others seem to be using).

Final one for me would be something around the ToDo check boxes that you can get on the Windows desktop version. That on the iPad, with the ability for EN to pull all check boxes out into a single place (without the accompanying notes) so that I could see all my actions in a simple list and then check them off....

I've been using EN for about six months now, and think it is a fantastic app - and definitely deserves being paid for!!

I just upgraded today, I've been using the free version. I enjoyed it so much and I needed a good note pad for my phone, I also needed to keep some of my notes on my phone. So, Evernote has worked for what I need it for so far plus a lot of things I didn't know I needed it for. This is by far one of the best note software available.

Hi,

I also just got Premium, after using Evernote for about two years.

Since then, I've been filling my Evernote brain day after day.

My biggest complain/request is the ability to have the ToDo checkbox on the iPad.

I'm using EgretList a lot, but not being able to takes notes on my iPad and creating ToDo's the same time is frustrating. I'm hoping my Premium sponsorship will help Evernote to get the iPad version updated ASAP.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Roger

Rich text formatting (RTF), including check boxes is a limitation imposed by Apple. Please search the board on RTF for more info, if you're interested. This has already been discussed at great length.

Apple does not restrict editing rich text. If they did, there wouldn't be apps that let you do rich text editing. See, e.g., MarsEdit, Google Docs, MagicPad, etc.

Maybe Apple does not provide an easy API to implement rich text editing. But it's clearly not impossible. In fact, Google Docs on iPhone allows you to edit the same HTML-based documents that you can edit on Windows. Exactly like what we are asking for from EN. If Google can do it, so can EN.

• Level 5*
[if Google can do it, so can EN.

Yep, it's just a matter of resources and priorities, same as most things. I'm also guessing there's an element of wishing that Apple would throw the development community a bone by making the APIs that they use external, but I guess it hasn't happened yet.

~Jeff

[if Google can do it, so can EN.

Yep, it's just a matter of resources and priorities, same as most things. I'm also guessing there's an element of wishing that Apple would throw the development community a bone by making the APIs that they use external, but I guess it hasn't happened yet.

~Jeff

Even better: if Google would open source their code for Google Docs ...

Archived