(Archived) First posting

Wanapitei

Idea

Still feeling my around. Couldn't find what I'm looking for in the KnowledgeBase, thus I've come here. Using Evernote 2.0 on a Mac running 10.6.6.

1. Seems to me I saw a video demonstrating how notes can be grouped. Drag one note on top of another, thus creating a folder containing the two notes. Can't figure out how to make that work. "Grouping Notes" in the KnowledgeBase yields a cacophony of non-answers.

2. Is there a way to quickly add a URL to the existing selected note? Yes, I can drag and drop it into that note; that works. What would be nice would be to click an icon or assign a keyboard shortcut to do that.

Much appreciated.

Morley

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
Still feeling my around. Couldn't find what I'm looking for in the KnowledgeBase, thus I've come here. Using Evernote 2.0 on a Mac running 10.6.6.

The knowledge base is still a work in progress, but it's improving all the time. In this case, it's probably not that helpful, though.

1. Seems to me I saw a video demonstrating how notes can be grouped. Drag one note on top of another, thus creating a folder containing the two notes. Can't figure out how to make that work. "Grouping Notes" in the KnowledgeBase yields a cacophony of non-answers.

There are no folders in Evernote, but recently they've introduced the concept of Stacks, which is a way of organizing notebooks. The knowledge base doesn't cover it yet, but there's a blog post that does: http://blog.evernote.com/2010/12/15/evernote-2-0-for-mac-is-now-available/.

2. Is there a way to quickly add a URL to the existing selected note? Yes, I can drag and drop it into that note; that works. What would be nice would be to click an icon or assign a keyboard shortcut to do that.

In the Windows desktop, you can select text and press Ctrl + K to edit it as a link; I don't know if this is available in the Mac client (I looked in the knowledge base for the mac keyboard shortcut keys: https://www.evernote.com/about/kb/article/mac-osx-keyboard-shortcuts?lang=en). There's no icon to click on in either case. Also, in the Windows client, you can just type a URL (or paste it in), and it should be recognized as a link automatically (subject to certain rules) . Not sure if the Mac client does that yet.

~Jeff

There are no folders in Evernote, but recently they've introduced the concept of Stacks, which is a way of organizing notebooks. The knowledge base doesn't cover it yet, but there's a blog post that does: http://blog.evernote.com/2010/12/15/evernote-2-0-for-mac-is-now-available/.

Not functional on this Mac, neither dragging one note on top of another, nor Command-click on a note.

In the Windows desktop, you can select text and press Ctrl + K to edit it as a link; I don't know if this is available in the Mac client (I looked in the knowledge base for the mac keyboard shortcut keys: https://www.evernote.com/about/kb/article/mac-osx-keyboard-shortcuts?lang=en). There's no icon to click on in either case. Also, in the Windows client, you can just type a URL (or paste it in), and it should be recognized as a link automatically (subject to certain rules) . Not sure if the Mac client does that yet.

I wasn't sufficiently clear. When doing some research while using my browser it would be nice to grab the current URL and have it deposited into the current note in Evernote. That's what I was getting at. Currently I'm positioning both the browser and Evernote on the screen in such a way I can drag and drop the URL into the current Evernote. Then go into Evernote and click the return key a couple of times, deselecting the new URL just dragged in and at the same time creating some separation from the next URL or whatever I'm about to drag in next.

How do you use Evernote to create a collection of URL's on a related research theme?

With kind regards,

Morley

Archived