(Archived) Post it notes software that works with Evernote

I have started using Evernote for most of my writings and other things. But I find that for to do lists and reminders a post it note program that stays on my desktop is best. Is there a post it note program that works with Evernote, meaning it saves to the Evernote database?

hi,

this is exactly the feature i'm looking for too, if you get anywhere with this then please let me know.

to me evernote is a great resource for storing your notes in the cloud, but it needs a number of features to make it a real winner. it needs a post-it note feature so you can turn any of your notes into a post-it note and to be able to choose to cache your notes offline so you don't have to access the internet to be able to update them. This feature needs to be spread across platforms. This way i don't have to have separate post it notes on my desktop, evernote and android phone that i can access on or offline and syncs between them all. it really can't be that hard can it?

• Level 5*
there's a feature request page somewhere

You're already on it (or as the old dishwashing soap ad went "you're soaking in it"). Posting a request here is, well, making a feature request, since all posts are read by Evernote staff. Whether they see fit to make Evernote into a post-it note program is up to them. Right now, Evernote is more of a note collection, storage and retrieval system, with light note-taking abilities. Re caching: if you have requests to make of specific platforms, you should make them in the appropriate subforums (since the desktop clients already store all of their notes locally); there's already discussions relevant to caching in those forums. You should also check the Trunk for programs that work with Evernote -- you may find one that suits your needs.

~Jeff

Thanks for your input jefito, not quite sure what your angle is on this really, all i'm saying is that right now i've got post-it notes on my desktop and android and notes on evernote, many ofthem contain similar things. i don't want to have my info in 3 places, just 1. i also don't want to have to go online every time i want info, ie as i'm on the tube or don't want to wait for my pc to start up. post-it notes on my desktop synced with my evernote account and the ability to have offline notes properly done on my android can't be that hard and would make evernote incredibly user friendly as opposed to what it is right now - a lumbering great elephant! lol

• Level 5*
Thanks for your input jefito, not quite sure what your angle is on this really

My only angle is that I believe that Evernote doesn't need postit functionality to be a great program -- it already is. Feature requests like postits are valid, sure, but I feel that Evernote is better served by focusing on its core functionality (note collection, storage and retrieval), plus its ecosystem (open design, APIs for third-party developers). And they need to make nice clients, too, solid, reliable and accessible. Chasing useful, but in my opinion, niche applications like postits takes resources away from that, whereas a third-party app with great access to your Evernote note store could make this happen more easily.

Anyways, that's just my opinion -- yours is just as valid, so good luck.

~Jeff

Archived