Sign in to follow this  
auger330

mac (Archived) is text recognition not working?

I've searched around google and on these forums and it doesn't seem like anyone else is having issues w/ the text recognition of photo notes. I took a pic of a receipt 10 hours ago w/ Evernote Iphone and have been waiting ever since for the receipt to become searchable. I just started using Evernote so I don't know if this is to be expected. It just says "not all resources on this note are indexed for seaching". Am I missing something?

If you are a free user, then there's a backlog currently, of a couple of days, I think. That should lessen as Evernote gets more hardware on line.

~Jeff

The image processing backlog for free users is currently at 48 hours. I.e. images that were uploaded 48 hours ago are now being processed. We've increased our capacity by 50% to cut down on this backlog, so new images you add today should hopefully be done within 24 hours. We hope to eliminate the backlog around Wednesday or so.

thanks for the replies. i'm fine being patient; i just wanted to make sure the service still worked.

All the people (like me) whose new year's resolution was to get organized are bogging down the system :)

The backlog is currently under 8 hours, so images that Free users add today will be done by this evening. I think the backlog should be completely gone by midnight PST.