(Archived) CHROME EXTENSIONS DOES NOT WORK

• Level 5*

Despite the Chrome store reviews, neither of you has said exactly what isn't working. Does the button not display correctly? When you click it, what does it do? Does the clipper dialog come up? What version of Chrome are you running?

It helps the devs to be precise about problems. For the record, it works well for me (Chrome 10.0.628.0); I use it all the time.

~Jeff

It does not work for me either and yes, most the reviews are negative. Don't get fooled by the 4 stars, start reading the actual reviews.

??? I guess you're saying that people post negative reviews but rank it with a lot of stars, which makes no sense. Pretty much every app will have negative reviews. So the big picture view, especially when dealing with several hundred reviews, is to look at the ratings.

Could you be more specific about the problem you're seeing? I.e. you select some text in a web page, click the button, and then you see ...?

Also, what version of Chrome are you using, on what OS?

Thanks

I will note that I previously did have an issue where the Evernote extension window would just be about a cm wide so that I could not review the clipped content nor press the save button (because the window was so thin). This seem to have sorted itself out however, and it's a great extension.

It does not work for me either and yes, most the reviews are negative. Don't get fooled by the 4 stars, start reading the actual reviews.

Obviously the majority of people have problem-free experiences or we would know what you are talking about.

Keep in mind that those who come to write up a review are more likely to have a reason to do so while those who had no issues do not write as often. The rating is more telling, depending on how they rounded it off about 650 out of the 850 gave it a full 5/5 while the vocal minority who experienced issues, which again are more likely to rate and comment, have gathered about two hundred 1 star votes. That's a good ratio for any extension. But it will only get better for more people if it's specified what the problem is.

The "really narrow clipper window" problem was a bug in the beta version of Chrome. This affected all extensions (e.g. Facebook), not just Evernote. In general, you're always better sticking with the normal released version of a web browser if you want to avoid this type of glitch.

Archived