(Archived) FF Web Clipper - EN 4.1

I cannot use the EN 4.1 Web Clipper because it does not work the way EN says it should: In Tools>Clipping Preferences there is a radio button for "Use selected notebook" but if selected the clipped item always goes to the Default Notebook NOT the selected notebook. I would then have to go to the Default Notebook and move the clip to the notebook I had selected. Not smooth.

The EN 3.5 FF Web Clipper works perfectly in this regard--but still clips text in weird formats, i.e., places a hard carriage-return after italicized text? Why?

• Level 5*

I don't think that the Tools / Options settings work for the web clipper -- the web clipper has its own settings for notebook selection, at least the Chrome clipper and the bookmarklet that works in FF 4.x do. The options that you're referring to govern what the desktop clipper does (Win + A, Win + PrtScrn).

~Jeff

• Level 5*
The EN 3.5 FF Web Clipper works perfectly in this regard--but still clips text in weird formats, i.e., places a hard carriage-return after italicized text? Why?

Dunno, but it's not much worth worrying about -- work has pretty much stopped on the 3.5 product, as best as I can tell.

~Jeff

Archived