(Archived) (edited) Changes request for Evernote

rosamarie

Idea

Could Evernote please fix these problem?

* Have to input a title for each note (should automatically make the title as the first few words of the note if unspecified)

* Have to input the tag so that i have to tab twice from the title to go to the writing box (get the tag out, it's not useful for anything)

* Have to tap the edit button on the iPhone to edit it, as opposed to just tapping anywhere on the note itself like the Notes app in iPhone does

8 replies to this idea

* Have to input a title for each note (should automatically make the title as the first few words of the note if unspecified)

Indifferent

* Have to input the tag so that i have to tab twice from the title to go to the writing box (get the tag out, it's not useful for anything)

Terrible idea for me -- I find tabbing into the tags field an essential part of my EN workflow.

* Have to tap the edit button on the iPhone to edit it, as opposed to just tapping anywhere on the note itself like the Notes app in iPhone does

Might make sense if feasible. But given the situation with rich-text editing in iOS, it's probably not feasible yet.

More generally, your post title could do with rewording. These are not 'problems' that need a 'fix', but feature/change requests.

Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. We prefer not to have users spend time "voting" on the forums, since this makes the forums a lot more "noisy" for other people who just want to find new information, and the dozen people who will bother to vote on the forum aren't a very representative segment of our 6.3 million users.

We read every post, however, so appreciate the feedback in your post.

I have read a bit the topics about voting and feature or bug correction requests, and I find the position against voting a bit surrealistic...

Do you prefer to have a lot of people add + 1 post and counting them by hand ?

Or unconsciously (adding frustration on both sides) ?

The actual system more or less works on feeling («I read all the post»). I would much prefer to add a vote on a topic than annoying everyone with +1 posts, and I don't want to spend more time on describing feature that have been already asked many times.

The basic question is the collection of information : how can you guess the wish of people, most annoying «features», long ignored ones ?

See the vote as «buying» features, have more people participate and have a better overview of the situation once in a while.

If one needs a last argument: someone mentioned democracy in forums, but I think the analogy is really economic:

it's planned economy («send me your wish») vs liberal one («buy what you like»): the later simply works much better because information passing is built-in. Time for revolution now.

Best regards

Archived