(Archived) Evernote box on the shelf at the Colorado Springs Apple Stor

• Level 5*

Boxed software? How quaint... :)

I remember the first time I saw software that I worked on for sale in a store -- it was in a CompUSA, sometime in 1993 or so. The best bit was standing there with a co-worker, and someone came up and asked the clerk for it by name. That was pretty cool (but then my friend walked over and said, "I wrote that." I had to give him The Look).

Same company, years later, and after a hiatus; we still sell software in a box...

~Jeff

Boxed software? How quaint... :)

I remember those days. In particular, going to Best Buy to get Adobe PageMill b/c I was just too fed up with doing my own html. IIRC, that was the only WYSIWYG html editor at that time.

Same company, years later, and after a hiatus; we still sell software in a box...

That's neat! You're published! Although I don't know why anyone buys software in a box these days.

• Level 5*
That's neat! You're published! Although I don't know why anyone buys software in a box these days.

We do, for the simple reason that our software ships with data, a lot of data (it's maps). 6.2GB for one product, 1.5GB for another, plus we sell data by itself. The actual software is minuscule by comparison.

Even the stuff we sold in '93 had 600MB or so... filled the CD right up...

~Jeff

Archived