(Archived) Encryption from Android phone?

gykc

I'm new to Evernote. I'm using it on an Android Optimus S and synched with Evernote.com on my PC. However, I'm still evaluating whether I can use Evernote as a centerpiece of organizing my business and personal notes. I have read in the User Forum that you can encrypt parts of a note by highlighting the text you want to encrypt, right clicking, and then choosing Encrypt -- but when I right click on highlighted text it does not give me this choice. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise how to do this. Thanks.

And please note: I would like even more flexible ability to protect certain notes, such as being able to create a Notebook that is locked, but I understand that this is not supported. I am really quite surprised at this limitation. I have looked at / considered using Color Note and I think it's way below Evernote in many ways, but it has an easy-to-use lock feature where you can create and choose one notebook to be "locked" and must use a password to get in it -- and I find it hard to believe Evernote can't do the same.

But, if you can answer the first question about how to encrypt text within a note, I would really appreciate it as that would work for now. And if it's a matter of upgrading to Premium level, I could seeing doing that in order to have this ability.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

OK Thanks for the direct reply. I'm impressed by that already. Too bad there's no way to lock text (or notes, or notebooks) but I'm still liking the product in every other way and I've been using it bit by bit more and more. Last thought on encryption -- even though I have an Android phone, could I at least do the encryption on the notes when I open them on my Windows PC?

Different Question: On my PC, I saved a note with a Word doc attached but when I opened it on my phone, there was nothing attached. Was that because I do not have premium level? And if I go to premium level, then I can connect Word, Excel and other types of documents to my Notes, correct? If so, what do you recommend for being able to open them on my Android phone? I do not envision serious editing, but perhaps light editing, (e.g. changing a phrase or an address) and then resaving or perhaps sending the revised doc to someone's email. One idea is to use Documents-to-Go by DataViz. Would that work? Any better suggestions? Thanks. (And have a nice Christmas / New Years Holiday).

On my PC, I saved a note with a Word doc attached but when I opened it on my phone, there was nothing attached. Was that because I do not have premium level?

AFAIK, you cannot add a Word document with a free account. So I'm guessing you tried to add the Word doc but it didn't get added.

And if I go to premium level, then I can connect Word, Excel and other types of documents to my Notes, correct?

Yes. If you expect to open them on your phone (or any other computer), your phone will software compatible with those file types. IOW, you can add a MOV file to Evernote. But if you go to another computer that does not have a player that will play MOV files, you cannot view that MOV file on that computer.

• 1 month later...

Archived