(Archived) Do stacks count toward the number of notebooks?

• Level 5

I have not been able to update for over 2 weeks, so the stacks issue a foreign concept to me.

Consider these 3 Stacks and 9 Notebooks. Is this what stacks will look like?

• Home Stack
    • Family
      Yard
      Automobile

Office Stack

• Customers
    Products
    Competition

Play Stack

• Computer
    Collections
    Vacations

Based on this link, I guess I'm fairly close

http://blog.evernote.com/2010/12/01/eve ... ok-stacks/

• Level 5
Can you put notes in stacks, or only in notebooks? If the latter, then stacks probably do not count. Just a guess...

~Jeff

The wording is very ambiguous and could be interpreted either way.

For instance, does the following mean that you will end up with 1 stack and 1 notebook, or 1 stack and 2 notebooks

• "Creating Notebook Stacks is easy. Either drag and drop one notebook onto another to create a stack "

• Level 5*

[just downloaded the stacks-enabled beta]

I think that's not the case: I made a stack of other's notebooks (Epicurious, Make, Ron't Tips), then I dragged a note from a different notebook onto the stack. It wound up in the Epicuriuos notebook (first notebook alphabetically?). So I think that the answer's no: stacks do not count against the 100 notebook limit. But official workd might negate that...

~Jeff

No, stacks don't count towards the maximum number of notebooks.

So today, you could create 100 notebooks and put each in its own stack.

We plan to raise the total notebook limit a bit once we have stacks in Mac and Windows to allow a bit more organization. (100 in a flat list was a bit hard to work with, so the UI aspects were the limiting factor on the number of notebooks.)

(100 in a flat list was a bit hard to work with, so the UI aspects were the limiting factor on the number of notebooks.)

Nice! I was going to suggest allowing more Notebooks, since the stacks make them a lot more powerful :)

Archived