(Archived) Evernote 2.5 Beta 3 for Android

Philip Constantinou

Hey folks -

We've got an update to Evernote for Android, v. 2.5 beta 3.

This version includes:

• [*:24i6udxw] Checking on and off to-do items
    [*:24i6udxw] Improved advanced search
    [*:24i6udxw] Address some sync problems associated with note edit conflicts

If you're having sync problems with the current client, we recommend you try this version.

You can download the latest version at:

http://s.evernote.com/android2preview

We've also provided an auto-update.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

And I don't mean to sound greedy ... but hopefully the next step is to give us the ability to add checkboxes to text notes in the mobile app, and to edit text notes that contain checkboxes!

(OK, admittedly I guess that does sound greedy. :( )

And I don't mean to sound greedy ... but hopefully the next step is to give us the ability to add checkboxes to text notes in the mobile app, and to edit text notes that contain checkboxes!

Thanks for the feedback. It's on our long terms plans for sure.

And more on that note, it would be great to have a separate widget just for task lists. If done well it could even replace our current task managers.

[*] Checking on and off to-do items

Can anybody confirm this? This doesn't seem to be working for me. I've verified the version number is 2.5b3, but unless I'm overlooking something really obvious, I can't check/uncheck the boxes.

It's definitely working here, and the changed checkbox status is syncing to my desktop correctly.

As I play with it more, though, I've noticed that changing the checkbox status sometimes does weird things to the line spacing on the Android version ... some sort of HTML weirdness, I suppose?

[*] Checking on and off to-do items

Can anybody confirm this? This doesn't seem to be working for me. I've verified the version number is 2.5b3, but unless I'm overlooking something really obvious, I can't check/uncheck the boxes.

It's definitely working here, and the changed checkbox status is syncing to my desktop correctly.

As I play with it more, though, I've noticed that changing the checkbox status sometimes does weird things to the line spacing on the Android version ... some sort of HTML weirdness, I suppose?

I found the problem. The ToDo lists I had previously viewed on my Android device would not allow me to change the state of checkboxes; However new notes or notes I hadn't previously opened on my device work fine.

I found the problem. The ToDo lists I had previously viewed on my Android device would not allow me to change the state of checkboxes; However new notes or notes I hadn't previously opened on my device work fine.

I'm having the same issue -- can't toggle the checks on some notes. It's possible that it's because they'd previously been opened, but it seems highly unlikely. . .

I'm having the same issue -- can't toggle the checks on some notes. It's possible that it's because they'd previously been opened, but it seems highly unlikely. . .

Same thing here except that I can't get to toggle checkboxes at all on my phone. New or old notes, no difference. Is there an sollution?

I had the same problem - checkboxes not working on a document previously opened under the earlier beta, but found a simple fix: I opened the note on my computer, copied the entire text to my clipboard, created a new note, and pasted the contents of the old note into the new note. I deleted the old note and synced. I then went back to my android device and synced that device. Voila. The checkboxes now work.

I like the fact that the new Evernote 2.5 Beta 3 shows you more status information when it is synchronizing over the the web. I have been having problems with notes that I updated on my Google Nexus One not being updated to the web, at that time I was using the latest release from the Android Store. Now that I have the new beta version, I get an error message during the following sequence.

Select Synch from the Menu, then the following messages were displayed:

Sync started

Downloading headers

Can't update read only database from version 21 to 22: /data/data/com.evernote/database

I rebooted my device a couple of times and that did not help anything. I then logged out and then logged back in. After logging back in, my notebook was missing and EverNote synched an outdated version from the WWW. I lost all of the notes that I had modified or created on the android, even though I had selected the notebook for Offline usage. After it synched the notebook from the web, I now get the following error each time it trys to synch.

Start Evernote (Synch on power up is on.), then the following messages were displayed:

Sync started

Downloading headers

Error code 19:constraint found.

Previous to installing the beta, I was using the latest release from the Android Store. It also would not synch changes that I was making on my android to the web/desktop. Seeing the beta was out, I decided to upgrade in the hopes that it would resolve my synching issue, but it made it worst, it lost all the data on the Android and pulled down the outdated data from the web.

I am attaching the error log from my Android device for your review.

Rick

Archived