(Archived) Evernote Clipper vs. Evernote Tray

VictorE

I have been a Evernote for several years and have updated my copy of Evernote on my machines as they come out. I noticed that in my Startup group, I have two Evernote programs - Evernote Clipper and Evernote Tray. I'd like to remove one or both of them if they are not needed. Can someone explain to me what each one does? Which one should I keep?

• 2 years later...

I have been a Evernote for several years and have updated my copy of Evernote on my machines as they come out. I noticed that in my Startup group, I have two Evernote programs - Evernote Clipper and Evernote Tray. I'd like to remove one or both of them if they are not needed. Can someone explain to me what each one does? Which one should I keep?

I'm bumping up this thread, rather than starting a new one, because I have the same question. Almost 3 years after the OP.  Plus, the link that BurgerNFries provided is no longer valid.

Evernote has gone through so many iterations of update since. Are the two tray programs still necessary? What do they do? My computer has slowed down so significantly that I'm trying to remove all non-essential start-up programs.

Archived