(Archived) Evernote 2.5 Beta 1 for Android

Philip Constantinou

Hey folks -

We've got an update to Evernote for Android, v. 2.5 beta 2. This is an early update to the next major release of the Android client.

This version includes the beginning of our advanced search options and many stability and sync improvements.

If you're having sync problems with the current client, we recommend you try this version.

You can download the latest version at:

http://s.evernote.com/android2preview

Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Auto complete of tags does work again - great.

the client is uploading notes which I considered lost during my syncing problems which is strange - I mean, where do these come from, now?!

Viewing whole image still not possible, though - hope this still on the to-do list.

All in all: looking great so far!

Working great ... seems to be a little "snappier," too. Thanks!

And apologies for going off-topic a bit, but here's a wish-list item for a future version. I'd love to have the ability to customize the items on the app's start screen -- a list of most-used notebooks and searches, for example. It would be a tidier solution than making separate shortcuts for each one.

Every time I try to create an audio note in this beta, I get a force close when I try to stop the recording or take notes as the recording is taking place. The notes disappear at that point, even if I've named them in advance.

why did the auto update has not notified me about the availability of the new beta version? I had the previous build and used to be notified of the availability of each previous new development build but not if this one...

why did the auto update has not notified me about the availability of the new beta version? I had the previous build and used to be notified of the availability of each previous new development build but not if this one...

We've got about 10k users using the beta. Since it's a long weekend and the development team is largely on vacation we didn't want to update loads of users and then find out that there was a problem. Starting next week the auto-updates will start up again.

Every time I try to create an audio note in this beta, I get a force close when I try to stop the recording or take notes as the recording is taking place. The notes disappear at that point, even if I've named them in advance.

Thanks for the report. Can you perform the action again and then immediately launch Evernote -> Settings and send the logs to: android-preview@evernote.com

We'll look into it.

Two quick things:

1. I get a force close in this beta when I try to apply a tag to an existing note.

2. Am I correct that it's not possible to edit the name of an existing note in the Android app, or am I just not clever enough to figure it out?

Archived