(Archived) The new app clogs the internal memory (htc Desire)

mads

The new version of the Android app quickly clogs the internal memory of my htc Desire, thus rendering the app (and device) quite a bit less useful. I have 13000+ notes.

It doesn't matter if I save the app to sd or not - Evernote fills the internal memory with data. Is there any way to prevent this? Or can I get the previous app somewhere?

If not, could you please save data to sd in future versions, or make some option to prevent heavy data downloading?

• 7 months later...

I also wonder why no one is debating this in the forum. Very few people must use Evernote the way we do, I guess.

I've had a lenghty correspondance with Evernote on the subject. Their final answer was this:

"Unfortunately, at this time, this is the way Evernote is designed. The of the internal usage for the cache that you are seeing is consistent with a database of your size. Sorry for the inconvenience this causes you."

So Dconroy1 and Frommhol, I assume you too have a large database, which Evernote Android apparently isn't designed for.

The only thing you can do is get an old version of the app, which you can download here:

http://www.freewarelovers.com/android/app/evernote

I use version 1.5.

I really want to keep EN on the phone memory as I want to use the homescreen widget but noticed that my friend's phone was only using 3 MB for Evernote but mine is around 10MB. I always assumed that the data for notes would be stored on the SD card, but it seems this isn't the case.

Can a config option be made so that we can store our note data on SD, but keep the main app in phone memory? I'm also a Desire user (Android 2.2 / T-Mobile UK) and struggling with the "low phone memory" notification.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived