(Archived) Evernote 2.0 for Android

Philip Constantinou

Thank you!

We released Evernote 2.0 for Android today and I have to say I'm psyched! You all have been great providing invaluable feedback.

See the announcement here:

http://blog.evernote.com/2010/11/08/eve ... rsion-2-0/

Of course the work doesn't stop here. The Android team has big plans with lots more features and improvements down the road, but for now we're just really excited to have the app generally available.

I've updated the auto-update link so you can stay on the beta and you'll get the same capabilities as the public release. We'll continue to publish updates and bug fixes pretty regularly.

Thanks again!

Congratulations!

I know that this will help propel Evernote to be the premiere notebook application for android that it should be. I have already suggested the beta to several of my android friends, and now they can just get it in the market.

Keep up the great work, I can't wait to see how this develops in the future!

Canyon R

Thank you!

Should I switch to the market version or I can stay on beta (I see different build numbers: 109302 for beta and 109233 for the market)? Will the beta version get some pre-release updates not avalible for the public market version?

Should I switch to the market version or I can stay on beta (I see different build numbers: 109302 for beta and 109233 for the market)? Will the beta version get some pre-release updates not avalible for the public market version?

I was wondering the same thing...

Yes. beta version will have all the latest features and will be upgraded more frequently. However, it may not be stabe since it is a beta. Market version is an offical released build and upgrade less frequent. But eventually, it will have the latest features, as well.

So, it is up to the user to decide which version to use. Usually, people will use market version until they find something not working and they want a quick fix from the beta version.

I'm afraid my experience with the update is not so good..

The installation from Market went OK, but when I open Evernote it shows 'Downloading thumbnails' but the performance indicator shows no activity. Eventually I get a message to force close or wait. Tried wait a number of times but finally gave up and posted here.. this is on an HTC Magic (v1.5), and I'm on a good wifi signal at home.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I logged out of Evernote and back in. This updated headers again, and eventually thumbnails too. However, I think version 2 is too much for Android v 1.5. Its painfully slow.

Luckily, I have ordered a more powerful phone, so if possible I will return to Evernote v 1.5 on the Magic..

Edit 2: Back at v1.5.1 OK ;)

I had problems updating the app (HTC Legend, 2.0). It downloaded but then disappeared from the list. I could not open or use the widget. The widget was still there though. I had to download again and reinstall. All user data (logon) was still there.

I also have encountered a serious bug with the 2.0 version of Evernote for Android, in practice with my smartphone (Acer beTouch E110) with QVGA 320x240 screen resolution Android 1.5 and with update of new version see all icon and types cut in half, perhaps because they are too large for this type of screen!!

Evernote 2.0 is almost unusable on my (admittedly older) HTC Eris, incredibly slow and unresponsive. Yesterday I upgraded to a Droid Incredible -- and holy $#*^ did that make a world of difference. On a good phone, this app is absolutely brilliant.

Finnally!!!! Took a while but I must say you nailed it totally. Thank you. Now all we need is a Linux desktop app, hahaha!

This seriously make my Premium account fee worth it now. Not only for the offline sync, but also the new UI, speed, shortcuts and many more new or improved fuctionalities.

Finnally!!!! Took a while but I must say you nailed it totally. Thank you. Now all we need is a Linux desktop app, hahaha!

This seriously make my Premium account fee worth it now. Not only for the offline sync, but also the new UI, speed, shortcuts and many more new or improved fuctionalities.

I agree with you about the Linux version, I'd love to see it.

While we are waiting for it I am using this which works amazingly well http://nevernote.sourceforge.net/

It's called Nevernote and it's Java based and opensource.

All Evernote would need to do is support that develloper and there you would have it.

27.png

I use it under Linux Mint 9 Isadora and there is no limitations I can see from the Windows version. You can backup your whole database which is very important to me.

Hi Folks,

I've just installed Evernote 2.0, and I was very happy for almost 10 minutes, then I realized that I cannot read any posts which are synced from my PC or added via the web.

I always get the same error messages:

"...note content could not be downloaded at this time..." - in the app

"insufficient space on the sd card..) - in the notification area

I am connected, sync goes fine (you can see the list of the memos, but when trying to open them, you get the above). There is plenty of space on my SD Card and in there is some 25 MB in the phone mem as well.

Could anyone please help? Many thanks!

HTC Desire, 2.2, unrooted.

Archived