The ability to wrap text around pictures

gonsalvr

In Microsoft Word or any other word processing application it is possible to wrap text around pictures to create a magazine type format in which the picture “flows” seamlessly with the content of the document.

Is this being considered for a future version of Evernote? I think it could be one of the biggest UI enhancements to make the application a more personal tool for end users like myself

• 1 year later...

I love Evernote in Mac/iPad/iPhone! I'm a moderate to heavy user (depending on projects) and am now considering using this app for my journal. However, I hesitate cause of several things I'd like/need to have: rotate images and the ability to text wrap around them (like what you see in Word). Not looking for Word in Evernote but a couple of things that would make creating a journal fun.

Hope you guys at Evernote would please please add this function to the next upgrade.

Thanks!! ^_^

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

- -

That's about right from an Evernote moderator... "Thanks for the suggestion", written 3 years ago.... and THAT ain't even an answer to the question. It's called. "An Evernote Put-Off".

• Level 5*

Posted 06 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

- -

That's about right from an Evernote moderator... "Thanks for the suggestion", written 3 years ago.... and THAT ain't even an answer to the question. It's called. "An Evernote Put-Off".

Actually, Phil is an Evernote VP, way above us lowly moderators. That someone Evernote saw it and replied means that yes, they are considering it, but if you're looking for a definite yes or no, or delivery timeframe, then you probably won't get it, because that's their corporate policy.

That being said, it's a fair request, but I think that there probably more fundamental editing capabilities that ought to be tended to before this one.

• 9 months later...

+1 for this feature. Nothing fancy, would just like to keep pictures where they were on the clipped webpage. The reason i'd like it is because when you clip pages from the net, any images that are strategically placed next to their relevant text it gets moved in-between paragraphs and then you lose relevance to that text. They're also made smaller. Would be nice to have an option to save imbedded images at certain sizes/qualities. Or an ability to zoom images to, especially if they're already quite small. 

• 4 months later...

+1 on the wrap text around image.

Circus Ponies Notebook 4 got it write with the option to wrap text around images in several very intuitive and simple ways.

I imagine that many Evernote users use it for storing visual data constantly, and this feature would remarkably improves visibility and data organisation within a note.

Archived