(Archived) Request flash card memorization function

issaacxu

Idea

5 replies to this idea

I used to use Supermemo & loved it. However, I suspect the whole flash card functionality that Supermemo had is probably beyond the scope of Evernote, at least at this time. Supermemo was designed to be a flash card app, so it kept track of what cards you'd already looked at (so it would cycle through them all) and what answers you got right/wrong (so it could re-ask ones you'd missed), etc.

However, if you really wanted to move to Evernote from Supermemo, it's certainly easy enough to make each question a note & have to scroll down for the answer & tag the questions according to whatever task/test/etc they apply to. You could then add a space to each note, after looking at the question. This would change the modified date & so you could sort ascending on modified date to find the notes you've not looked at recently. Certainly not on par with Supermemo. But then, like I said, I rather doubt this would be very high on EN's list, at least for a long time.

I used to use Supermemo & loved it. However, I suspect the whole flash card functionality that Supermemo had is probably beyond the scope of Evernote, at least at this time. Supermemo was designed to be a flash card app, so it kept track of what cards you'd already looked at (so it would cycle through them all) and what answers you got right/wrong (so it could re-ask ones you'd missed), etc.

However, if you really wanted to move to Evernote from Supermemo, it's certainly easy enough to make each question a note & have to scroll down for the answer & tag the questions according to whatever task/test/etc they apply to. You could then add a space to each note, after looking at the question. This would change the modified date & so you could sort ascending on modified date to find the notes you've not looked at recently. Certainly not on par with Supermemo. But then, like I said, I rather doubt this would be very high on EN's list, at least for a long time.

Thanks! You're right, we shouldn't solely rely on the computer and software. I once heard that people who has the best memory rarely use pen and notebook, but focusing, :lol:

Thanks! You're right, we shouldn't solely rely on the computer and software. I once heard that people who has the best memory rarely use pen and notebook, but focusing, :)

Umm...that's not what I thought I said. :lol: I love Supermemo...but it's probably (like, in really, really, probably) beyond the scope of Evernote's focus.

Archived